Can we have some restrictions on Wanted threads?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Soundblaster1, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've been seeing an increasing number of want threads bumped under the following circumstances:

1) I want stuff. I have no money. I have no trade list. This is my list. Get over it.

1b) I want EXPENSIVE stuff. I have no money. My trade list is small, dime-a-dozen items that don't even come close to the value of my want, even if it were in terrible condition and generally junk.

2) I want stuff. I will have money in the future. I don't want to make deals yet.

2b) I want stuff. I will have money in the future. I don't want to make deals yet, but I do want people to give me long-term questionable holds on items that may or may not actually turn into anything, but I will make a few enemies by making them waste a lot of time holding things for me.

3) I want stuff. It will be released in 2012 and isn't available for preorder anywhere yet.

3b) I want stuff. It will be released in 2012 and isn't available for preorder anywhere yet. I have a trade list that I hope someone will consider worthwhile enough to preorder for me, but I have no intention of selling to preorder it myself.

I don't have an active want list at the present, but as a seller, it becomes increasingly frustrating to see people that want stuff that I have, but they're just making it known that they want it and they actually have no intentions of acquiring it. And if I did have a want list, as someone that has every intention to pay/trade ASAP, I'd be quite irritated if I lost exposure to someone that isn't interested in conducting business anywhere near the present time.

I am going to refrain from complaining about lowballers and people with incredibly obscure wants/sales because they do both want to conduct business... This is more of a "Why is it allowed for people to use want threads as wish lists and then bump them regularly?" type thing.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is a large forum of varying age groups. We cannot and will not restrict people from using the wanted section as listed above. It is their right as a poster here to be able to set their terms for trading, selling or buying. If you don't agree with them, close the thread and move on. It's just something that people will have to deal with, as that's the nature of any fandom.