Can we ever get a purple bike toy and a personal question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I wonder will we ever see Purp as a toy because I think that we have run out of waves to see her in (she hasn't even been announced). I know that the bikes are supposed to combine as toys or something but aren't we still waiting to see some sort of picture or something?

And my personal question is I get movie TFs now for stop motions. I like a lot of size variance in TF stories and stuff so should I get Leader Optimus and Megatron or go with their Voyager selves? I know that Voyagers generally are better with articulation but the Leaders look so cool.

2. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

The 3rd bike, Moonracer, HAS been announced by Hasbro, and should come out either late this year or early next. There are rumors she's just a repaint/remold of Chromia or Arcee, but we don't know for sure.
    And definately get the Leaders if at all possible. In fact I think Leader Prime is a bit better articulation wise than Voyager. Also, Voyager Megs is a bit more screen accurate, but if you enjoy size variance in your stories, then go for the Leader, because he'd look weird next to Leader Prime, and definately look weird next to Starscream or Blackout.

3. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Moonracer is definitely coming. But look at it like this: Bike 1 was in Wave 2, and Bike 2 will be in Wave 5. I'll bet the third bike won't show up for a while.

Also, just because we haven't heard about them, it doesn't mean there won't be more waves coming. That ROTF Thrust has to go somewhere. :) 

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The purple bike has been confirmed for release, but not until sometime next year. The line itself is going to continue on threw at least most of next year, so there are still several waves we know nothing about yet.

As for Prime and Megs. Personally, I'm going to get the Voyager versions of them, as I don't like Leader Megs all that much (it's also cheaper). I plan on getting one of the inevitable repaints of the new Leader Prime mold though, as it is awesome. I'd just rather have my Optimus Prime and Megatron be the same size, rather than have one way to large compared to the other.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for pictures at SDCC at least.

6. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you mean comic con?

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i just ordered chromia ...the blue bike...was that bike 1 or bike 2...and can anyone provide the name and picture of the other bike?

thanks...i was not going to get these ones but then saw them in the movie and decided to collect them....

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    We have run out of waves? Says who?

9. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

Yes Hasbro said "Moonracer" Purple Acree will be released and will combine with the others, like they were supposed to, in the film. So I don't think "Moonracer" will be a repaint, but a near complete new mold.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Well said.

11. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are only so many waves in every toyline. After a certain amount of waves are up, the toyline absolutely has to end, even if there are unsold toys and retailers still want them.

Because, I mean, where would they go? The waves have run out. What's Hasbro gonna do, make more waves? Pffft! Pffft, I say!

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Leader prime is for sure better than the Voyager. Megatron it really depends, but I just say get both.

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Ok thanks. I somehow missed the Moonracer news bit :/ And I will most definitley get Leader Prime but Im undecided on Megatron. Im only 15 so I have limited money.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes.

15. The Mad Vulcan

The Mad Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good call, how many waves did they have for OS TMNT?

There are also a lot of Star Wars waves for each movie, although those get harder to find in stock after a year post Movie Premiere.