Can vintage Microman and diaclone be AFA graded?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by buckizzled, Feb 14, 2008.

1. buckizzled

buckizzled Well-Known Member

???

I recently got a vintage Magnum 44 japanese boxed in case fresh condition. It is perfect. I actually got it by accident.
    anybody want to guess the value of it?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure that if you offer them enough money, AFA will be happy to rip you off, no matter what the toy is.

3. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

You just have to get the correct measurements to get the right pricing. They will grade almost anything because the cases are custom.. I love how people force their negative opinions on others; if you don’t care about AFA, why bother leaving a comment, just to be negative?

4. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

How does one receive a MISB figure worth thousands by accident? It sounds as though that was a very deliberate act.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because I can.

And if my negative comment convinces him to save himself the money, then more the better.

6. buckizzled

uhhh i dont think its worth thousands. maybe close to it if its AFA graded? and i did get it by accident. seller got confused and sent me the wrong transformer. i was suppose to get brawl. it came from yahoo japan.

is a case fresh japanese boxed magnum 44 rare?

7. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    You need to do some research and find out what you actually have. There are different versions but the common name for the diaclones is "Microman Browning", "Diaclone Browning" (these two are actually .38s), or "MC11 GunRobo - S&W 44" (which is the MicroChange series of the Micromen toys). There are some that are knock-offs and some that are worth a lot.

But, IMHO, you need to be honest with your seller. You got the wrong item and while that is his fault, nobody is perfect and mistakes happen. I'd email him rather than chance ripping him off (or "stealing"...for lack of a better term) by keeping something that you did not pay for...no matter how much it's worth.

EDIT: Some pics to help get you started:

http://diaclones.com//albums/Micro Change/Browning M-1910/br1.jpg
    http://diaclones.com//albums/GiG/Colt Robo/DSCN7989.JPG

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  8. buckizzled

its not browning. its a magnum 44(the big black gun)

i dont have the sellers email address. it came from japan.

9. buckizzled

so if AFA graded is it worth a lot?

10. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Your asking a generalized question and nobody here is going to have the answer. It's the same as emailing a car dealership and saying "I have a 1999 Honda Civic, what's it worth? Would it be worth more if some rims were on it?" They aren't going to see the condition, what model it is, or anything.

If you want assistance put some pictures up, search ebay auctions, Google Image search...actually do some research.

Keep in mind that while AFA grading raises the value on some toys, it's worthless if the toy has no value to begin with. Essentially you'd end up paying for an overpriced plastic case.

And I'll re-emphasize what I stated before...I think you're doing the wrong thing by keeping this toy.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  11. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

Damn, do people go out of their way to be asses? Simple answer is yes, it will be worth a lot graded, Im guessing over $700 graded at 8+ and its not Browning, its a 44mag but its not a "official" Transformer.

12. buckizzled

WOW over 700.00?

that is what i figured also. which is more rare a browning or magnum 44 in your opinion?

13. buckizzled

uhhh you do know that browning and magnum 44 are 2different toys yes? you are giving bad information.

14. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    You need to re-read what I posted - those are common names. People post info on the web all the time that are uninformed about what they are posting. I was providing you with some general search terminology.

And, yes, as someone who owns several versions of both the Browning and Magnum toys, I think I know what I'm talking about.

15. buckizzled

what happened?
    all i wanted to know was if micromen toys can be afa graded. in particular a magnum 44

16. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    IMHO, you have no right to say I'm being an ass just for posting that someone needs to be honest with a seller and needs to give more information.

You, on the other hand, are spouting off price quotes for a toy that nobody has even seen. To me, that's not only setting up for a potential disappointment but is also just a flat out bad practice.

This thread needs photos, plain and simple. Most people will at least go to completed ebay auctions to see what info they can find. These boards are good additional research or, in the case of a particularly difficult toy, a good alternative.

You're making uninformed statements and, again, receiving the wrong toy and keeping it in the hopes that it's worth a lot of money is dishonest and disrespectful to the community.

17. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    If the toy is sealed, AFA will most likely grade it. There's a simple answer for you.

The question is whether or not it's worth it and for that you need to find out exactly what you have.

18. buckizzled

huh? i told you that what i got is a magnum 44. i already know what i have. its not browning.

i dont understand.

19. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Forget Browning...as I said, that is a term used by a lot of people when posting info online and it's a good, generic search term...that's the ONLY reason I brought it up. But wipe it out of your mind, it's only confusing you - I know you have the Magnum.

There are several versions of the Magnum toy. There's the Microman Changer, there's KOs of it, there's post-Microman figures. You need to figure out what you have...like I've been saying.

Let's start with color schemes and manufacture dates. Do you have those?

20. buckizzled

Its the japanese original from the early 80's

i bidded and won brawl but by accident I got the magnum instead.

Brawl:

https://auction.rinkya.com/shopping...age.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/109144245

Magnum

https://auction.rinkya.com/shopping...ge8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h53554510