Can Universe Hot Shot hold Energon Weapons, etc.?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shotoman, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Shotoman

Shotoman Well-Known Member

I think the topic title explains it all.

I just got him today, and I really like him (even though his shoulders still hurt, apparently...), but as we all know, he doesn't come with a blaster. I tested out Universe Cyclonus's Targetmaster partner, but Hot Shot's 'fist hole' was just barely too small to fit it...

I'd love to test this out myself, but unfortunately all my Unicron Trilogy era stuff (except for Primus himself, which is still displayed proudly on my shelf) is in storage and not easy to get to...

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    From what I've heard he should'nt be able to hold the 5mm weapons. The standard peg size for 10+ years. I'm waiting on my order from HTS to come in the mail so I don't actually have it in hand.

Try looking for KO weapons with a grip no wider than 4mm.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Probably not if he can't hold Nightstick. Nightstick's handle peg is a standard 5mm diameter and is designed to fit into any toy with 5mm fist holes (I haven't tried any G1 figures, their fist holes are too small on average). I think the toy's holes are like that to accomidate the blasters that only the Henkei version gets.

I know some guy on the boards found a KO Star Saber mold that Uni. Hot Shot can hold.

4. Shotoman

Shotoman Well-Known Member

Oh. Kinda dissapointing but not a deal breaker in my book. (I guess that for the Universe version, they had to choose between a minicon and a blaster for the sake of bieng 'cost effective' or some such lame excuse. Being Armada Hotshot--mostly--would nessesitate Jolt be included.)

Turns out he's actually more posable than his shoulder kibble would initially lead you to beleive. You do need to fiddle with said kibble a bit, but I got him in some cool poses already.

That does lead the question--why make him with non-standard fist holes in the first place? Seems kinda stupid to me, especially when he comes from the line that helped standardize the peg/hole size anyway...

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Hmmmm, I wonder if the Henkei version will have the standard 5mm hole?

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Can't you just get a gun from somewhere and sand down the handle post to fit? Or widen the fist holes slightly?