Can Transformers do Naruto's Jutsu???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ezilla82, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Fair enough I respect your opinion on that matter, thanks. I didn't know those were made up, Damn!! Anyways, I think KA was saying that theres to much seriousity on this thread, my answer is no. well because I've known about now that the TFs don't need martial arts just a good ol' fashion blaster and other weapons to kick serious ass with. Okay I know that there some haters of Naruto and any other anime out there, I too watch them just to know the characters and learn more about there lives in fictional sense. Now I know that they crossed over Star Wars/ Transformers, but more of the battle RPGs with figurines and well the toys of the SW characters into their personal vehicles and that's awesome. But I'm a simple guy and I wouldn't just make my own crossover of characters of the TFs universe or any other characters of different universes and just mix it up, but thats just my opinion.

So furthermore I would like to hear more comments/criticisms about this subject and debate about it or not, its really up to you guys. If not well I'm not going to force ya.

2. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

One - you're wrong. Crystalocution, the Cybertronic martial art of defeating an opponent by attacking his metal fracture points, was not from the comic. It's from Banzai-Tron's tech spec card. Circut-Su, which channels energy into a powerful bast of electricity, came from Bugly's tech specs card. Finally, Metallicato, the art of attacking an opponent's fracture points - is from Bludgeon's tech specs card.

Two - exactly how do you figure that they don't exist in the Transformers world even if they were comic-only material? Maybe they don't in your world - but when something is in the comics, it's just as valid as the cartoon. And since it's all based on a toy line... well, I guess tech specs > any other source.

Saying something doesn't count because it wasn't in the cartoon is a weak and baseless argument based on nothing more than personal preference. It's a tired old argument that I can barely believe still exists today.

Anyway - it's all well and good that people think that because the Transformers have weapons that they don't need martial arts... but that's not really the point. What happens when the weapon runs out of ammunition? Should they just stop fighting? Would a Decepticon like Predaking simply back off from a fight because his X-Ray cannon or mortar launchers went dry? Would Prime walk away from protecting Spike because his rifle was out of juice? Of course not!

Besides that... martial arts aren't all about being all "Bruce Lee-Bot". There's the added bonus of self-cultivation/meditation, mental discipline, character development and the building of self-confidence.

3. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:

I knew it existed I was buffing. lol I do have an excellent point though. Even though the info is from tech specs, comics. or whatever. and I knew that someone use these style of melee combat I just didn't know the character. Anyways Sector seven I did made a point what happens if there weapons were out of commission, they won't just walk away, hell no they'll keep fighting intil their sparks burned out or there destroyed in battle.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Where the fuck is mention of JET JUDO?!

5. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

If you read my post, Ezilla... I was replying to optimusprime72 - not you. ;) 

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

:lolol  @ Sunstreaker quote

7. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I had a fanfic where Soundwave was a covert operative for the Decepticons, and he was very ninja like...and he had his own agenda... Anyway, the martial arts aspect of his character fit perfectly with his stealth/assassin persona I gave him. There is no reason why a civilization which has existed for millions of years couldnt have developed a form of hand to hand combat in the event they find themselves without a projectile weapon lol.

8. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Even if you are just going by the cartoon, in S1 Mirage pulled some melee moves that were very much reminiscent of martial arts.

9. McBradders

Seriously, Jet Judo > everthing else.

10. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Actually I know that, my bad, but I was talking to you as well of your statement you posted earlier. We cool.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

You're right. Why learn martial arts at all then, if you can't duplicate a gun's powers? Huh? I don't get it.

As for TFs, when you're a mechanical life form, you CAN shoot electricity from your hands conceivably... so why wouldn't this be a skill one might develop?

Martial arts are learned for 2 general reasons... self-improvement (mental and physical) and fighting. Transformers can be disarmed, their weapons can run out of charges, etc... so why wouldn't a Transformer train itself to fight more effectively in such an event, or not be reliant on such weapons? Why wouldn't a Transformer train itself to attain better response time, improved mental clarity, etc...

What I'm getting at is that Transformers would develop martial arts for exactly the same reasons humans do. The fact that they are animated alien super robots perfectly allows us to imagine that their martial arts might allow them to perform "supernatural" feats (firing energy, smashing metal stress points, altering their magnetic polarity, move at super-speed, etc...). This would mean that their powers might easily resemble the types of martial arts superpowers we see in anime.

I'm not saying that they would look just like Naruto Jutsu or have the same "magical" feeling, but it's really not that much of a stretch.

Also, watch GaoGaiGar. Just because. :) 

Wow... I know someone has already pointed this out... but so very very WRONG. All 3 of those martial arts come from G1 tech specs... which I personally consider to be one of the most primal sources of TF canon. Granted, all 3 examples come from late G1 (pretenders and action masters) when the tech specs were getting pretty lame, but still... G1 Tech Specs and US and UK Marvel Comics is pretty damn canonical, dude.

It strikes me that you're one of those opposed to all forms of TF esotericism... you don't like sparks, you don't like martial arts... I'm guessing you don't like Primus or female TFs either. And the truth is, I do sort of agree with you... TFs don't need to have their own equivalents to Earth concepts like Kung Fu, Souls, God, etc...

But still. TF martial arts do make a lot of sense. They may not resemble human martial arts, but when a race has spent the last 4 000 000+ years at war, it'd be stupid to not imagine that they would have developed several types of specialized unarmed combat techniques.

zmog

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    :spam  anyone?

13. optimusprime72

optimusprime72 Autobot Leader

Wow... I know someone has already pointed this out... but so very very WRONG. All 3 of those martial arts come from G1 tech specs... which I personally consider to be one of the most primal sources of TF canon. Granted, all 3 examples come from late G1 (pretenders and action masters) when the tech specs were getting pretty lame, but still... G1 Tech Specs and US and UK Marvel Comics is pretty damn canonical, dude.

It strikes me that you're one of those opposed to all forms of TF esotericism... you don't like sparks, you don't like martial arts... I'm guessing you don't like Primus or female TFs either. And the truth is, I do sort of agree with you... TFs don't need to have their own equivalents to Earth concepts like Kung Fu, Souls, God, etc...

But still. TF martial arts do make a lot of sense. They may not resemble human martial arts, but when a race has spent the last 4 000 000+ years at war, it'd be stupid to not imagine that they would have developed several types of specialized unarmed combat techniques.

zmog[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, I don't have a problem with the females or Primus. But for me, I was 12 1/2 when the show came out. It was awesome and that is all I go on. If it didn't appear in the show, it doesn't matter to me. By the time the pretenders and stuff were coming out, I was already into girls and sex. So as I said, I just don't consider it important enough to count.
    BTW, you guys do know it is just a tv show, right?

And as mentioned by someone before, the only thing Mirage did was flip over a railing and drop kick Skywarp and Thundercracker. It wasn't kung fu or anything else. Come on guys, don't take this stuff so seriously.

14. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm not taking it seriously, but sometimes I do and I admit to that. I guess I was just wondering if in canon or not if it was possible of the Transformers universe with those types of melee combat techniques be able to pull off some of the techiques pulled by the ninjas in Naruto's world from the shadow clones and to what I said earlier in this thread. And that to share opinions of this without going overboard. So if anyone wants to stop then go ahead and close this it's, my fault and take responsible for it I've should of know this was going to happen. Damn!!

15. SMOG

It's not your fault dude... some people are just too cool for school, y'know? Which raises the question of what they're doing haunting Transformers forums and responding to threads that are clearly beneath their interest. :) 

I know I've seen the shadow clone thing used before, either in Transformers (somebody already mentioned Sixshot) or in GaoGaiGar (I think Volfogg can do it). I think it's pretty cool... but then, GaoGaiGar also features a mentally ******ed SD robot who can transform himself into a cybernetic guitar hero and make sonic attacks by playing CDs in his chest compartment.

So clearly I'm taking it too seriously. ;) 

Errrr... how is a discussion of the place of Cybertronian martial arts in TF canon, in a Transformers Discussion forum, classified as "spam"? Isn't this EXACTLY the kind of inane geeky conversation we're supposed to engage in a general discussion thread? Geez.

I guess it must feel cool to toss off a 2-word taunt rather than actually contribute to the discussion, eh? Feeling smug much?

Wow... that's just really condescending. So it's somehow more "cool" to post on a Transformers discussion forum, where geeking out is pretty much par for the course, and posture about how you're too "grown up" to care about such petty things? Wow... now that's lame!

Yeah, it's just a TV show... and a pretty silly one at that, but it made an impression on some of us, so we like to discuss it, much like people discuss other TV shows, movies, comic books, etc...

I was 10 when Transformers came out. I saw the toys, comics and cartoon show all around the same time. Even at that age, I realized that it was a pretty diverse and inconsistent canon that reached beyond just the TV show (which apparently you didn't).

And then I "grew up" just like you... went through high school, girls, parties, friends, sports, university, film school, career, marriage, and all that good stuff. And then 15 years later, I got back into Transformers rather incidentally, and fuelled by nostalgia, started following the fandom and collecting the toys.

So get off the high horse, dude. Don't assume that we're all chronically rejected toy-obsessed hygienically-challenged basement-dwelling troglodytes who need to get laid more often... just because we like to debate stupid sci-fi stuff on internet forums doesn't make us the losers you seem to think you're above.

Yeesh.

zmog

16. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Man, Zmog you lay the verbal smackdown on them and that was totally awesome and thanks for backing me up here, I appreicate that.

17. optimusprime72

optimusprime72 Autobot Leader

Its not a "verbal smackdown". Just words. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Some people just don't wanna hear others. Now, somebody end this, before anyone really gets offended. We don't want to become like the TFarchive forum. I've been there. God forbid you say something there THEY don't like.

18. SMOG

"Somebody end this"? WTF? We should close the thread because you don't want to participate anymore, or because you don't like the topic? Or is it because someone took exception to something you said?

You're right, it's not a verbal smackdown. It was a response to a poor attitude within the context of a discussion board. It was OT, but I think it needed to be said.

It's one thing to offer an opinion in a discussion of a particular topic that differs with others... that can lead to debate or discussion.

It's entirely another thing to drop in just to point out that the topic is dumb to begin with, and that people shouldn't be discussing it. I mean, seriously... what's the point there?

zmog

19. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You know I agree with you zmog and optimusprime72 of what you're saying and here's my opinon. its a free country here in the usa and I wish some that are not here can get a chance to have their voices hear and discussions what they like and don't like. I understand that people now a days just don't like to hear the truth from some stranger and it they try to ignore it, but you should have an open mind about things you write on this thread or any other thread of this forum. Oh for the record my wip creation, Warzone can use the Chidori and the Rasengan in my canon anyways and that I also in a wip a team that I put together of character that I like which would include Naruto Uzumaki, a transformer, and so on I can't tell into details because I need to post that idea somewhere else. Anyways I like to hear more opinions from anyone who wants to write down their thoughts. If not well thats cool with me.

20. McBradders

The dude's chased girls, his argument is iron clad! We may as well just give up and go home :cry 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.