Can Transformers cry?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Neo-Bombshell, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    A few days ago some friends and I got got in a funny discussion due to the last TF's Animated episode where we see a character crying and droping tears.

In how many other episodes do you remember TF's do cry?

I remember some funny moments in Energon with Ironhide and Wing Dagger crying.

Not to mention BW II and NEO, I still remember Apache and all the NEo gang full of tears.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It is possible for TF's to cry, as it is basicaly just a way of expressing one's sadness. While they can't physicaly cry, they are more scienticficaly, technoligically and socialy evolved then us. So they can mimic crying, if not untirely by choice.

So yes, though I don't think BA dropped tears when she cried, but since she is half organic, she could.

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    There's no doubt. Transformers DO cry, Blackarachnia cried in the latest episode of Animated at the end of the episode. Also, did you remember the last episode of Cybertron when the Autobots and the humans find out that Prime must leave? All of the Autobots that stodd before him cry

And yeah, I did remember Ironhide crying. He's such a baby. :D 

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

they're not crying.they're leaking lubricant..

5. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

Omega Supreme got misty-eyed at the end of "The Secret of Omega Supreme."

6. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Technically, sure they can. All they need is a simple pump, a fluid source, and something to wipe the optic lens. It's even a desirable reaction, in case the optics get dirty. Hell, we could do that fifty years ago - your car might as well be tearing up and blinking when you push the wiper fluid spray button.

Now, whether a culture of alien robots would really link "clearing the optics" to sadness, pain, or even hilarity, in the same fashion we do, is a question I don't think I'm prepared to answer without sounding like even more of a nerd than I already do. :D 

7. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Didn't Scourge cry waterfalls in "The Burden Hardest To Bare" when the Matrix started mutating his body? And that Unicron Cult Member in the Marvel comic that Scorponok was preparing to head-crush? Crying like a baby. If TFs cried in G1, then in subsequent series? Then yes, Transformers can cry.

Just like doves.

8. Start>Change>

Start>Change> Scraplet

I always found the idea of Transformers crying somewhat destroyed their "otherworldliness". In the early comics(we didn't have the cartoon in New Zealand) both Autobots & Deceps expressed curiousity at this "leaking of lubricants from your optics". I also don't like the "gnashing/clenching of teeth" that appeared in later G1 marvel comics. But that's just me

9. RenegadeHoist

RenegadeHoist Renegade Commander

Well they are autonomous, all though it should be tears of oil. So as they are living sentient beings - why not? The only thing i despise is the "comedy crying" but that's more to do with the animation side of it - RID and onward.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's called humanising. To allow the audience or readership to better relate to the Transformers (or just to more effectively show emotions in terms familiar to us), they impart human mannerisms, behavior and 'biological' characteristics. Sometimes it's just a visual gag.

Somehow, the US G1 cartoon is the single Transformers continuity to never give the TFs teeth.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Humanizing

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Grimlock bawled like a baby in The Five Faces Of Darkness.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:

I first noticed the teeth in Armada but apparently this isn't the first occurence. It may be a established trait in some versions but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

13. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Any other episodes where Tf's do cry?

14. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Arcee and probably others(can't remember too well) cried in headmasters, was a little ridiculous really.

15. Start>Change>

Start>Change> Scraplet

Also, while not exactly along the thread of Transformers crying, the later G1 Marvel comics showed Transformers with very fleshy looking tongues,...including spittle!:confused:  The last few issues showed Cybertron in the aftermath of battle against Unicron, a very organic looking planet with dirt, mud and rain. Very different to how I had come to "know" the home planet of the Transformers- "A vast, SATURN sized world composed entirely of metal".

16. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The Autobots in TF:A didn't know what crying was in the Pilot movie,
    so in that universe I'm going to guess it's going to be an organic exclusive thing.

For some reason the only crying I remember is the stylized comedy crying of some of the Japanese shows. Although I know there's been other times.

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the Dinobots - Slag I think - appeared to cry in the first ep of Headmasters. Of course, that was probably the least strangest thing to happen in the entire series.