Can the Transformers franchise survive?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Danielhero1998, Jul 2, 2017.

1. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was an universal rule for what people must like or dislike. No, I like the Transformers movies for the most part although I was disappointed by this last one. That said I had my share of problems with the other chapters as well

• Like Like x 2
  2. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Fixed

• Like Like x 1
  3. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

on the contrary, while films 2-4 werent what i would consider 'good' & 5 was an abject disaster, i'd still take em over most of marvel's films (outside of the captain america films which i believe to be their best work)

& star wars..don't get me started on disney's star wars...dreadful

but to each their own..i aint gonna rag on people if they like em, i understand it..besides i cant really talk because im a bayverse fan, you know?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Why should I waste my money? None of the trailers impressed me, and my interest in the movies has been more or less on a downwards trajectory since ROTF so give me one good reason to roll the dice with my hard earned cash.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am a ride-or-die Transformer fan. Through ups and downs, I am still a fan and will support the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arrogant thing to assume everyone loves Disney Star Wars and marvel. I wouldn't touch these new fan fic Star Wars ever again.

7. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Obviously more people love those movies than do the transformers films ........ Numbers dont lie.

• Like Like x 2
  8. autobotsrollout

Reasons for people to not like the Marvel and Star wars movies....... are in these transformer movies so WTH? I guess some just like robots and explosions a lot it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Oh, yea, there's an approvals process and everything.

Make sure you get your likes properly stamped or they don't count!

10. autobotsrollout

I disagree ... I think some people can endure and like to think the larger than life role model prime would be one of those who could. But if you like this version of emotionally unstable prime because its a darker possibility then I'm happy for you.... but a whole hell of a lot of people it just doesnt sit right with.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who the fuck comes out of mass genocide and family betrayal in one piece? I mean, if Prime was a sociopath, then maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Optimus is supposed to be a heroic, noble, wise, compassionate and prudent character. You would think being involved in a war that has gone on for millions of years, betrayals, failures, loss and disappointments would no longer be strangers to him and you'd think over the years they've waged war, he would have a pretty strong grasp about these concepts and come to understand this.

Which is why his significant deviation in character from the first movie is frustrating.

If anyone saw "saving private Ryan", tom hank's character captain miller is Optimus's character. Not the blood lusting vengeful juggernaut he has become in parts 2 to 5.

And that's why Optimus Prime's character from part 1 was still the best, the one who so eloquently and wisely put the phrase "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." On those lines you can see the character oozing with wisdom, benevolence, heroism and compassion specially when you realize, here is a leader of an alien faction who has been at war for millions of years and yet his moral compass and core are still intact, having been tested, challenged and gone through the ravages, destruction and loss of war.

Optimus's portrayal in the first movie is, barnone, still the best and most memorable one.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan ...angel to others.

News Credits:
    Yes Yes Yes.., I thought there was more tangible reasoning in AOE... but Yes Yes Yes! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Why? Are you his creator to say so?

15. autobotsrollout

I dunno......... Jews?

16. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

it seems our lovable homicidal optimus is no more sadly...he's back to being the shallow, generic, goody-two shoes hero everyone apparently enjoys...rip psycho prime 2009-2014, you were a sight to behold for sure!

its ironic that 'nemesis prime' had nothing on prime from tf2-4...i miss him already!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That and Paramount has shown as long as we keep buying tickets just because it has the name Transformers on it then the studio isn't going to put in any real effort into making the movies better. Just another broken promise of next time will be better.

Back in the old days you could say hey it's only one bad big Hollywood film so what could it hurt to buy a ticket? But with so many big studios putting out so many bad big films it feels like the only way to make a stand against bad movies is to not buy a ticket. The Last Knight was not the only film I skipped this year and I'm sure there are more films I will skip before the year is over.

• Like Like x 2
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That doesn't exactly mean that he wouldn't eventually get tired of it. You can understand and come to terms with the horrible things one experienced but that doesn't take away how it still hurts to experience or remember it at least. Honorable people can still take tolls from those kinds of experiences even if they have a better idea of why they happen. I would be more frustrated if he didn't at least showed signs that he was getting tired of the many losses and betrayals he had to go through all these years.

19. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Ummm, please tell me you did not say that. Holocaust survivors did not leave the holocaust all willie-nilly like nothing happened. All survivors were scarred for life. They didn't walk out like nothing happened.

20. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    THANK YOU