Can TFA be the next Megafranchise?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Maniaxe, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Maniaxe

Maniaxe Well-Known Member

Here's something I was thinking about. G1 was a Mega-franchise, encompassing 8 different series (though one had only one episode, one was manga, and the last was just story pages).

Does anyone else think it's possible for TFA to be the next mega-franchise? I have to admit I love the way they've re-created the transformers world, and the potential for story-telling within it. The ability to mix up different Transformers from different series helps as well.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't think so. I love Animated as much as the next fan, but as far as I know it isn't doing THAT good.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can see it well, and continuing on longer than most of the stuff we've got since G1, but I'm not sure it'll do that good. I think we might get a total of 5 seasons, and then Hasbro will go onto something else to keep things fresh.

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Or More Seasons like The Simpsons done.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Transformers is already MASSIVE. I don't see TFA alone doing THAT well, but Transformers as a whole could easily.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While TFA could be bigger than the last franchises, nothing gonna get bigger than G1 or the BayMovie, specially G1, it's like Pokemon, still damned popular but none of the new series is as popular as the first.

7. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    I very much doubt that we'll ever see a TF continuity with the staying power of the G1-verse ever again, if I'm honest. I get the feeling that they stuck with that universe for so long simply because it was the first and only continuity going, and they had no precedent to demonstrate that a hard reboot of the franchise would work. Ever since RiD established that precedent, continuity reboots seem to have become standard practice for HasTak when it comes to developing a new franchise. For that reason, I can't really see any of the new continuities lasting that long, especially since the G1-verse, via the comics, Classics/Universe, Masterpiece and so forth, is still always running operating in the background as the main, traditional continuity....still, I'll enjoy Animated while it lasts, and I think we've got a couple of good years left at least.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although there have been dozens of lines, there have only been a few major continuities within the franchise. These are my own observations, and nothing official, of course.

G1 (84-95ish, including the Japanese lines)
    Beast Era (96-99ish, including the Japanese lines)
    Armadaverse (02-07ish, plus their Japanese counterparts)
    Movieverse (07-2011ish)

Does TFA have the power to become one of those? If so, I'd say it needs to run 5+ seasons and produce 250+ toys to be on par with these others. I'm probably the least enthusiatic voice for TFA on these boards, but I have to admit, they could create some pretty rich characters and stories over that length of time.

9. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    I hope it does....

10. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    better!

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I just hope it lasts long enough to get all of its characters made,
    or as many as possible.

12. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

arent the characters that we've seen confirmed to be in the next season? or are some of these guys not supposed to be in till even later seasons?