Can Starscream,Skywarp and Thundercracker consider as Brothers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Oct 5, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello, I have a question ,if Rumble and Frenzy ,Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw are consider as brother, Can Starscream ,Skywarp and Thundercracker from G1 also can consider as brother since they have same design and function beside they are different in colour?
    Are this 3 guy created in same time?
    Thanks.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I don't. They positively despise one another and show no signs of ever coming from the same background besides the look. Imma just go with three guys who look the same.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Since when have Frenzy/Rumble and Laserbeak/Buzzsaw been considered brothers?

Besides, the reason the original three Seekers share the same body frame is because they're SEEKERS. That's why Starscream almost universally gets repainted into at least TC and SW in every line. Not to mention each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses (I.E. only Skywarp can teleport, but he's not the brightest bulb on the proverbial Christmas tree if his tech spec says anything).

And just to muddle the matter, I would like to note that the two cannon siblings, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, did NOT share the same body during G1, and yet were brothers. The first time they actually shared a mold intended for them was the Universe 2.0 mold, almost 25+ years after the original toys were released.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

To clarify, in the full-length G1 bios for Rumble and Frenzy, it was confirmed that they are in fact brothers (if not necessarily "twins").

In the old Tech Specs, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were explicitly identified as "fraternal twins"... which specifically addresses why they are not physically identical to one another (whatever that distinction actually MEANS to Transformers is left open to speculation).

However, Buzzsaw and Laserbeak are never identified as brothers in any part of the media that I know of, nor are the Seekers ever identified as such. Nor are Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen long-lost siblings, Grapple and Inferno, Hoist and Trailbreaker, etc, etc...

I think that "brotherhood" is actually a distinct concept in Transformers, even if it's never been adequately explained or developed, and should not be seen as related to sharing a chassis or general outward design, like many "repaint" characters evidently do.

In some of the media, as well as MOSAIC pieces, they've made attempts to explain why the Seekers all sort of look alike... from being "clones" of Starscream, to taking that form as an homage to their leader, or whatever. Personally, I don't see the need for it. Obviously the Seeker body type is a specialized high-performance aerial attack design, and if the Decepticons were mobilizing for war, they might have done mass standardized upgrades for many of their elite warriors... hence the Seekers all look a bit alike because they were all refitted with the same upgrades back at the beginning of the war, when resources were plentiful.

I sort of like the idea that Starscream might have been in on that design process, and contributed design elements from his own chassis... it would fit with his overall vanity and sense of superiority.

zmog

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's the explanation I've always gone with. And if it was based off of Starscream then that could also be why there's always friction between the three main Seekers. Would you really want to be made into the same body as someone you feel is a total dickhead?

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I stand corrected:lol 

I guess the opposite of "fraternal twins" (can't remember the name, but I know it's when the twins are the result of a split embryo where as fraternal twins are two separately fertilized eggs) are what you get with movie Skids and Mudflap.

I could totally buy G1 Starscream somehow getting the Seekers built into something similar to his own image.

7. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    They don't despise eachother, it's more like they are always arguing who is right, like brothers do. But the way I see it, they are more of "brothers in arms" than anything else

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are no more brothers than any other characters who share designs are as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I don't view ANY characters as being "family" regardless of what some G1 tech specs say. In my own fiction, these things are built just like any other machine, but happen to have personality sparks or whatever to give them life.

This is another one of MANY things I appreciated about Don Fig - he was one of the first artists that I recall drawing the Seekers with slight design variations from one another so that they weren't just repainted clones with different names.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guess so. I do kinda see them being the bumbling stooges type of family.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I thought we all made a pact to boycott this guy's threads.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, they may look like brothers but they're not.

12. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see maybe Thundercraker and Skywarp being brothers but not Starscream

13. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

first attempt at overthing Megs

14. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure there can be some kind of kinship shared by having the same model. Like Bender and Flexo. But flat out brothers? I don't think so. The only place being 'twins' makes sense is in Animated, where they were the result of a split protoform, which is similar to the splitting of an egg in the womb to create identical twins.

15. SMOG

Right... though to be honest, I feel that too much is made of the friction within the Seekers. Starscream was always portrayed as a laughable buffoon on the cartoon, but in reality I'd like to think that the Seekers must have a certain degree of respect and loyalty (if grudging) to Starscream. That's not to say that there might not be some resentment as well, but Decepticon leadership always seemed to be founded as much on fear as admiration.

Yup... I think the two types of twins are usually simply referred to as "Identical" (from the same, split embryo, hence genetically identical), and "Fraternal" (separate embryos, so really no more similar than any other siblings, though they just happen to be born at the same time. For example, male/female twins are always "fraternal".

I always thought it was funny that Budiansky made the distinction that they were "fraternal" twins, presumably because they were both Lamborghinis, despite other TFs sharing the exact same mold. :) 

Only natural, since he is a perfect specimen to start with. Of course, one can only expect pale imitations, at best... but it can still only be an improvement, right?

Speaking from Starscream's perspective, of course. ;) 

Well, see... I think that's the point. Mechanical life forms, even ones who are assembled through methods of industrial manufacture, might logically have their own ways of forming so-called "familial bonds" based on their different alien physiognomies and traditions. The concept of "brothers" would be physically nothing like sibling relations on Earth, but might have a robotic equivalent stemming from circumstances inherent in their design, programming framework, the time or place of their activation, etc.... OR based on the metaphysics of the Sparks themselves. I think there's plenty of room for interpretation there.

I do agree there. I like the idea that the Seekers have some small physical differences between them that reflect the fact that they didn't have a common origin, but rather probably all had separate lives before being upgraded into the "Seeker" format we know today.

zmog

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats not exactly accurate.

Opposite Sex Identical Twins.Identical Twins will almost always be of the same sex. There are a some rare cases of male/female identical twins.They come from a fertilized egg that started out as male (XY). After the split, one of the embryos loses the Y chromosome. This causes the embryo to develop as a girl.

As I said above it is possible, but it is very rare. Identical twins are not always identical, due to these genetic errors like this one during development.

well at the time there werent any other TF's useing the same 2 molds.

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Thundercracker & Skywarp can be counted as brother but nt Starscream because his ego is too strong ;) 

18. SMOG

Interesting... I found myself wondering that when I was typing it... like, by some random freak occurrence, could the embryos change sex after the split. Apparently it's possible, though like you say... extremely rare. I'd always heard that it was impossible, but there you go.

But there were plenty of TFs using the same mold (if not the lambors)... Frenzy/Rumble, Buzzsaw/Laserbeak, Prowl/Bluestreak (except for the lightbar), the Seekers.

What I meant was that it was funny that Budiansky took the effort to note that they were "fraternal twins", because although they shared a make of car, they didn't share a mold... meanwhile many of the other IDENTICAL characters had NO implied familial connection, twins or otherwise.

zmog

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I have twin daughters, so I looked up a lot of info when we were expecting.

I always thought that the lambo brothers were shown to him first before all the other characters that share bodies, so he created a family connection for them.

20. SMOG

That's a distinct possibility. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's development history is so convoluted anyway, with the molds/bios getting switched, and Sunstreaker's name change, etc...

zmog