Can someone tell me about these markings?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jericho, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was in the process of a leg swap on my G1 Prowl when I noticed the markings on his feet were different. One is just the Takara logo in a circle and nothing else, the other has Hasbro 1980-1982 on one foot and Takara 1980,1982 on the other. Is one more "rare" than the other?

I also noticed on the Takara circle foot it's a much more smooth transition where as on the Hasbro one you can see it's got a slight stick out before it angles down.

[​IMG]

2. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

The just Takara with a circle one is resemblant of the original Diaclone stamp and is on the earlier TFs released. The one on the right is the standard Has/Tak stamp that appears on North American G1 releases thereafter.

The circular Takara stamp will often be found in accordance with 'pre-rub' figures, those released earliest.

Thus the circle ones can be seen as a bit more valuable, as they were produced less and are the oldest, but the value difference isn't really that great.

Occasionally mold variations can be found in accordance with these differences in trademarks too, for example Wheeljack's driver seat area has different molding features that go along with the different stampings (I can take a pic of this if anyone is really interested).

3. Jericho

News Credits:
    Thanks. I just noticed it and wanted to keep the Takara circle one but as you can see the wheel is missing. I couldn't figure out a way to get that peg out and swap wheels.

Does anyone know an easy way to do that? The circle one is my original, the one on the right is a parts Prowl someone sent me to swap the rear windows out on and leg to get the wheel, then I noticed this.

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah that peg missing the wheel should pull out cleanly, use pliers and pull straight out if you have to. I find that I can pull the wheels right off the early car molds with my hand, no tools necessary, but for the pin itself you might need something to grab on (try just pulling with your fingers though).

I have done some Prowl junker work myself, I have one that looks awesome (and didn't have all wheels etc. originally) except that he has no hood. He sits in bot mode by my comp.

5. Jericho

News Credits:
    Really I can just pull the wheel assembly off the other Prowl without breaking the "rim"?

I thought about pulling the pin out but I assumed it was anchored inside the foot somehow and didn't want to do more damage.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

use a solder iron, or wood burning tool to heat the pin, and pull it out, that way you keep the wheel, rim flawless, and you can keep the takara stamp.

7. Jericho

News Credits:
    Thanks. Do I heat the inner portion of the rim (the top of the pin) since that's the only access point with the tire in tact?

8. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

yeah, use a fine point tip so you touch only the exposed tip, and not the plastic.