Customs: Can someone please Repaint movie megs all silver?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optronix_prime, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Im a newb and i've been anxiously waiting for someone to do this before i had to ask but...*
    I really want a Megatron, but i cannot deal with him as it is, im willing to paint my own cause his face actually has alot of detail that you cant see due to that black, so i plan on dry brushing a grey onto the face, and then just covering the rest in silver, every single bit.
    But i would really like to see some others stuff before i might ruin one.

Thanks

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

My advice is spray on some flat black first... all over him. Then you can dry brush him silver, and the black undercoat will maintain the detailing (as opposed to a straight silver paint job. He'll probably come out looking exactly like his movie self, and it's a really easy thing to do.

I actually don't drybrush myself. I use a silver paint marker and just smudge the silver onto the black surface with my finger or a rag. It gets really really nice results like that.

zmog

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You might have to wait a bit. I'm assuming the inevitable repaint will come, but you have to remember - in the US, the film isn't even out yet. Once a bulk of folks have seen the movie, repaints along those lines might start showing up.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Check the front page, someone has a done a great job at it...holla!!