Can someone help me identify this Knock Off Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Dec 11, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Just to be clear are you saying these things shipped from Canada or that they're only available in Canada? Because if the second is true these are still knock-offs because I'm not in Canada.

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    The fact that this guy clearly ignores or refutes definitive proof against his argument every time someone brings it up makes him either an obvious dense, stubborn asshole or a troll.

The three Cybertron scouts are official releases. Undermine and Wreckloose were straight repacks, while Backstop had a new deco. You want official sources? Look through the last six pages.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would guess shipped from Canada.

That's like saying everything we by is knock offs because we're not in China.

4. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every modern U.S. TF toy also has that Canada blurb (HASBRO CANADA, LONGUEUIL, QC, CANADA J4G 1G2) on the back...if you flip it over and look at that the bottom (where the UPC is), you'll also find that the package mentions the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and so on. Basically, it just tells you who distributes the toy in those countries.

MIKE
    engledogg

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Probably, but I don't know.
    Thing is, Big Lots deals a lot with with leftover stock; things larger retailers either couldn't move or wouldn't carry in high enough numbers to match what was produced. They also deal in merchandise that other retailers simply wouldn't carry (hence all the crazy ass KOs). It could be that these repaints were produced for a specific retailer, who then bailed leaving Hasbro to find whoever they could to pick em up, or maybe they just wanted to have some presence in discount retail?

I thought it had it in place of where they usually have Hasbro, Pawtucket, RI. but I was just looking to see if it even had copyright info and such, so I probably overlooked Pawtucket and just latched onto the Hasbro Canada part.
    Still, where ever it's from or whichever branch of Hasbro is stated, I find it unlikely that a KO-maker would go through so much trouble to make it look like an official Hasbro product for such insignificant characters and figures. Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but still seems pretty unlikely.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I remember reading some years back that the oddities that pop up from time to time were often made with store like Zellers in mind - but then later they just broadly refer them now as market 6 items and that include stores that are not what used to be the main six ( I still consider it a main six and not a 'big 3' which is the more modern term for the main retailers Hasbro sell to (Toys R Us, Walmart & Target) for no other reason than there is still 6 stores that have their own store exclusives (more or less even though Kmart is smaller than it was - and Kaybee is no longer relevant as if you include kmart and Costco it's still 5 + the others and the others don't typically have labelled exclusives).

But perhaps it's a bad thing that those other buying options are now reduced - perhaps the American toy market was harmed by the loss of Kaybee as the UK was by Woolworths.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I don't even know how that can be the most logical conclusion.

In all of this whoo-hah, why haven't you gone back to BigLots to go look at the toys and their packaging for yourself? Because clearly nothing anyone tells you is going through your head. So go back to BigLots and look at the Hasbro markings on the toy cards, the "Transformers" marked display boxes, and even ask to see if they have any full Hasbro cases in the backstock.

I've said everything I've needed to say to debate my point, and you've done nothing to disprove it. You just nitpick a phrase here or there and think that disproves my entire argument.

So instead of everyone trying to prove to YOU that they're legit Hasbro product, why don't you actually prove that they're not.

8. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    At this point I don't think it will matter if saber checks it out for himself or not... He has his head buried too far somewhere to see reason or logic.... I for one am going to quit reading this thread as it's pissing me off at his shear stupidity. I highly recommend EVERYONE else do the same and just let this thread die off to no man’s land where it belongs.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been wondering why this thread was still active...

What a moron.

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    This sums up my feelings of Saber's recent post and the entire thread quite nicely.

11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be as nice as possible with this......

Butz didn't say ANYTHING about these shipping from Canada or that they're only available in Canada. I've put in bold the main points in his post. Though the packaging he found said "Hasbro Canada", that don't MEAN SQUAT. Hell, I've found HFTD Scouts that had FOREIGN packaging at discount stores. Its not a huge deal that some discount stores get toys that have FOREIGN packaging. That's all there is to it. No need to over-complicate it. No need to read into something that's NOT EVEN THERE.

/end rant.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive read and re read this thread just to be sure im reading it right.

But this thread is the single biggest concentration of reading comprehension fail i have ever seen in the history of tfw.

If youre just grasping straws to cover up embarassment i might suggest you just delete the thread. At least in your case you gave the benefit of being the OP.

*goes over thread 1 more time to make sure*

Geez, dude, let it go.

13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Would this be fitting?

[​IMG]

:D 

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

just because it has a similar head, or even the same head, doesn't make it a knock off.

i mean optimus prime wasn't the first to have the "optimus prime" style head, anyways.

i've seen this thing in person a few times, it does look actually quite nice, and unique. the only part of the toy itself that resembles optimus prime is the head. but the one i saw, the head was all white. and looked more like a gundam, or an ultra magnus style head.

edit; also some one said something about biglots never having any official goods, that is not true.

my biglots has gi joe, transformers, lego, megablocks, and other various toys. hell, they even have old mattel batman figures from their batman the animated series line, when they took over from hasbro/kenner.

i've bought official transformers from biglots before! i have the packaging to prove it!

or did the cybertron and energon repacks, not exist in your world? :lol 

same toy. same colors, different package. that was all that was different.

i bought the basics for 8 dollars a piece i think. and the deluxe combiner middles, for 12 i think?

i also buy movies from big lots all the time. officially licensed movies.

yes they do have that!

and yes they do have knock off transformers and gi joe. but so does walmart. but walmart still has official product too.

my current biglots has those big cyber smashing style, movie gi joe figures. snake eyes and duke, i think.

they're like 5 dollars each.

they do have hasbro products!

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Random Stuff - January - YouTube
    Skip to 2:00

I found more knock offs. This time at Save Mart. One of them is obviously the Cybertron Evac mold the other is a new mold that looks a lot like Movie Ratchet if he were done in a more G1 Style.

Oh and to the above, it's not just the head design that makes him an Optimus Prime knock off. I'm fully aware there are others with that same head design. It's the over all color scheme with the red and blue in all the same places along with that head that makes him an Optimus Prime knock off. If it were just the head sculpt on it's own with a different color scheme I wouldn't have seen it as Optimus Prime.

Like the above figure I'm posting now looks like Movie Ratchet because the color scheme and alt mode are the same as movie Ratchet even though it has a much more blocky look with a new head.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I know better, but I clicked anyway.

Yeah, that Ratchet one is around here in KMarts. Hadn't seen that Evac on yet though.

17. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got pointed to this for a laugh but didnt find it funny, the toys r us i've used for last what 15 years has they figures so all figures they've sold must be ko. So i have listed all these 200 plus figures on ebay but dont want someone to get fooled so £10 and someone can take them off my hands.....

18. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Noble of you.

That's a good point, I never saw the Masterpiece Toys I bought from TRU on the HTS... looks like I, too, was suckered by TRU. I think I'm simply going to give them away, for fear or profiting off of those dirty, dirty KOs.

19. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

btw, hasbrotoyshop is not hasbro owned store, it's a licensed webstore that obviously get official supports from hasbro, but it's not owned by hasbro, so obviously hts doesn't list everything hasbro has out for retail/discount stores.