Can someone help me identify this Knock Off Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Dec 11, 2011.

1. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shmax.com: Product Information - Backstop

Shmax.com: Product Information - Undermine

Shmax.com: Product Information - Wreckloose

They're legit. Hasbro logo on the packaging at least twice...just because they're not on Hasbro's website, doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't official Hasbro products.

MIKE
    engledogg

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

1. That's not Generations packaging. It's the Transformers 2010 red card.

2. I never said they were redecoes. Because they're not.

3. The packaging does have Hasbro's logo on it.

4. If they're knock-offs, why are they listed on TFWiki, when they NEVER list knock offs on the site?

They're Hasbro. They've been out for a year now. For some reason everyone knows this but you.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

1. Yeah the card is red and it came out in 2010 FOR THE GENERATIONS TOY LINE, hence yes it is generations packaging.

2. Normally when toys are released in a different toy line they're repainted.

3. This was actually the second time I seen these. The first time I actually looked for the logo and it wasn't there. When I saw these I just recognized the toys in the wrong packaging and assumed they were the same fakes as before. The other store also had Overhaul and a few others non of which had any connection to Hasbro on them. That was nearly 2 years ago when I first seen the fakes.

4. Wiki isn't Hasbro's web site and they do list Knock-Offs there. Knockoff - Transformers Wiki

I check Hasbro's web site regularly for Updates about new toys. They have shown several generations, Star Wars, and Marvel Crossovers over the last year but Cybertron toys have never popped up in the list of toys sense they were first released in the actual Cybertron toy line. I have no idea how anyone knows about these things when Hasbro has never even shown them on their own web site. The only reason Prime toys aren't on the site is because they haven't updated the web site sense Dark of the Moon and I wish they'd hurry it up.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saber... will you just accept that you were wrong and get over it?

People know about the toys, even though they're not on Hasbro's site because they simply leave the house.

I've even seen those at gordman's and Walmart's clearance section.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    TFWiki has a page about knockoffs, but no knockoffs are ever listed on actual character or toy pages.

They are not generations toys, as the box does not say generations. Just like the reissue seacons are not generations, and MP Rodimus is not a generations figure. Still red boxes, though.

Sometimes. Cybertron scouts have been released at dollar general and other stores in universe packaging, and even in a universe 2.0 three pack at toys r us. Backstop is the only one to have a deco change for the recent release, though. Hasbro has re-released energon combiner team leaders at dollar general and other discount stores in universe packaging too, without deco changes.

They're officially released toys whether you like it or not, SaberPrime.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Weather I like it or not has nothing to do with it.

It's about the fact that...

A. Hasbro has never advertised re-releasing these toys in a new toy line.

B. I found them in a store with a history of selling Knock-off toys.

C. Any official Hasbro toy release as long as they're still producing it, can be ordered directed from their own web site. If it's not there it either isn't an official Hasbro product or they aren't producing it anymore.

7. G1 Paul 81

G1 Paul 81 Active Member

geee.....saber....you lean too much towards the hasbro page. i can remember that they did not have listed most of the universe toys on theyr site when they came out (so they had produced them at the time) because they was concentrating on selling movie stuff. so i guess in your words that makes over a half of the universe toys knock offs.....interesting

8. G1 Paul 81

G1 Paul 81 Active Member

oh, by the way.....same goes for animated....AAAAALLLL KNOCK OFFS!!!! right saber?

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Er no that's not at all true.

They are always releasing things that don't make it into the store or the sites.

BBTS sells a lot of things that Hasbro don't even list, and have never listed - quite a few Iron Man toys never made it onto the site either. also if it's been removed before you'd not find it on there anyway even if it was on there previously.

A lot of "Market Six" and store exclusives never make it on to Hasbro sites likewise the last wave of many given lines gets missed off the site too.

Not to mention international releases like the Minicon 8 Pack or the Infiltration of Ravage set.

10. engledogg

News Credits:
    Big Lots! has sold plenty of legit Transformers over the years (starting with G1, for goodness' sake). And, they've also done so while selling KOs at the same time, so this doesn't really prove anything. And, as TJ said above, the three in question have been sighted at other stores...I've seen them at Ross, in this packaging, as well.

Also:
    Shared Exclusive Universe Basic Set of 3 - Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Exclusives

which is exactly what we're talking about...they're legit.

Those shmax links I posted above clearly show the Hasbro logos on the front and back of each of the packages. Did you even bother clicking on them?

Again, just because something didn't show up on the Hasbro site, doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't official Hasbro products. Heck, there are tons of things that have never graced the Hasbro site, but have been officially released.

MIKE
    engledogg

11. QmTablit

And yet the card does not say "Generations" on it anywhere. So how is it part of the Generations line?
    Normally =/= always.

Warriors from Three Worlds, and the Movie-1 Target Scouts that were re-released for the Walmart 2-packs are all I need to say.
    Okay. I'm seriously about to go to BigLots tomorrow with my camera.
    Why are you giving me a page that tells me what a knock-off is? That's not even close to the point.

Did you even look at the link I provided? With the character bios and descriptions of the figure that also include EVERY TIME THE TOY WAS RELEASED OFFICIALLY BY HASBRO?
    Again, that has nothing to do with anything. Why does Hasbro need to list toys that are being distributed to BigLots and grocery stores?

Let me quote that again for clarity:

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Ok The correct and actual Official term for the Transformers line in 2010 Is Transformers - sometimes called Transformers 2010. The terms Hunt for the Decepticons, Reveal the Shield, & Most wanted are all campaign names and not toy lines at all. there was other toy lines like Generations & Powercore Combiners but the vast majority of the items released in 2010 are just "Transformers" to confuse the heck out of people they were released in several campaigns some had yellow packaging and some had red and the PCC toys have orange.

So Human Alliance Jazz, The most wanted toys like say Starscream Vs Mudflap, or The Hunt for the Decepticon basics and the Reveal the shield basics also The HFTD Deluxes The blue fallen, and so on all that stuff in yellow box is just "Transformers" (2010).

The easiest way to look at the red boxed stuff is to see it as a transition packaging between the generation brand being killed and the brand being replaced with the yellow boxes through most of 2010 and into early 2011.

However a few items that are part of the "Transformers" line also shipped in red boxes this includes the Minicon single packs (like swashplate), the previously Universe scouts like Backstop (some slightly repainted) and the international Minicon 8 pack all shipped in generic red boxes. They are however still part of the 2010 "Transformers" line. just as all those other things are.

And by 'Transformers' I mean that is the name of the toy line for that year just as it was previously called 'Transformers Universe' or 'Robots in Disguise' when they were selling leftovers and repaints.

it all got very muddled up as generation got folded into the mainline for a wave or two and then they decided to bring it back again so that is why you could happily argue that Tracks and Jazz are Generations toys even though they were not actually sold as that at the time... this can be strongly inferred by the way Tracks's remould Wheeljack was a Generations toy and not part of the then mainline deluxe line more commonly known as "Reveal the Shield".

The best examples to prove that the 2010 toyline is just called "Transformers" is the toy cases themselves and things like the later release version of Sunspot that shipped with Wheeljack that have no mention of HFTD on the box at all.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What Universe toys weren't listed?

Seriously? Do you even know how to navigate Hasbro's web site? Animated WAS listed on their web site.

When you go to the toys page via Transformers Movie 3 Dark of the Moon | Hasbro Toys, Games and Action Figures. the only toys you'll see there is the main line which has been various different movie toy lines sense 2007. But if you click the little button that says "See All Toys" and look to the bar on the side you'll see several sub lines of Transformers toys that you can search threw separately from the main movie toy line. All the Animated and Universe toys were in fact listed on Hasbro's web site during production of thous toy lines.

You can even find the current Generations toys there apart from the Dark of the Moon toys but I bet you think they only have Dark of the Moon toys there.

Have you seen the Dark of the Moon toy line? Completely different packaging. What other toy lines are out besides Dark of the Moon? Generations, do you really need the card to tell you what toy line it is? Prime has it's own packaging too. Generations is the only line to have that red card.

Because you said there were no knock-off on the wiki and I was pointing out that the wiki has a whole page devoted to knock-offs.

Why do you even need to ask this question. I've already said it at least three times and the answer should be obvious without my saying it at all.

THEY'RE A TOY COMPANY TRYING TO SELL TOYS. That's a little hard to do if they don't advertise the existence of the toys they're attempting to sell.

And the last quote in your post, who or what are you even quoting? The name tag is messed up and that's not even my quote.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. Didn't think I'd be reading a stupider post today than the ego-stroking self-gratification goin on in the Hercules Megathread.

I was wrong.

God, you're being dense.

The figures are in Generations-style packaging to visually tie them in with the line, but officially, they don't carry the Generations branding so most people don't consider them as such.

They're totally official toys. Hasbro's been doing this for years, quietly releasing cheap older molds for release at thrift stores. Generally, there's no special advertising for them because they're classed in a separate market than usual. They're not the hot new thing on the market that Hasbro's actively trying to pimp. They're impulse buys you find at the checkout counter, where being there when you're standing around waiting at the lineup is advertising enough.

Why the hell even ask the question if you're just going to keep turning the answers down? The group consensus is in, dude.

Need I post that Family Guy "Stubborn as a Mule" clip just to tactlessly punctuate the point?

15. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Saber seriously...those three ARE offical Hasbro products. Hasbo can put up or not put up what ever products they so chose to... Last time I check Amazon exclusive Unicron was not on Hasbro website eather. As far as the packaging in concerned... Does it matter????? Really????? BTW the last time I checked Biglots and other stores that commonly carry ko the packaging never stated "transformers" instead they used transforming, transform, and transformable in the title as "transformers" is a registered trade mark\copyright\what ever other legal crap that meens "YOU" can't use this.

16. engledogg

News Credits:
    Saber, I gotta ask...did you even read anything I posted or click on any links I provided? I mean, what I linked to/said might not be all the proof you need, but it should be enough...especially, coupled with the collective knowledge of others posting in this thread.

The toys are official...end of story. I don't mean to be rude, but man...with so many people telling you the truth, why are you so dead-set against listening to them?

MIKE
    engledogg

17. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Yeah those were official products. There was even a news story about them.

Maybe we need to find Saber an official Hasbro Proctologistbot, seems he can't hear us with his head so far up where the sun doesn't shine.

18. G1 Paul 81

G1 Paul 81 Active Member

yeah seriously. do you think i´m too dumb to use a website? do you even think before you write something down? how many times must the people tell YOU what´s going on untill you check it? i´m from germany and i know verry well what is listet on the EU hasbro website because otherwise it wouldn´t make much sense for me to import so many toys when they ARE availeble at hasbros site. but i bet you know better. you are high and mighty mr. i-know-it-all. what a waste.

19. QmTablit

20. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those 3 Cybertron beast figures on the red 2010 style cards can also be found at Family Dollar these days, as they've bulked up on toys for the holidays. I never got any of those 3, but $10 was a bit much.

Same store had the 4 minicons in the same style packaging, as well as the old yellow boxed(HFTD?) Walmart exclusives. Deluxe crazy neon Cannon Bumblebee packed with Legends Blackout repaint or Demolishor packed with Legends Jolt. Or the other way around.

All officially produced items. I doubt any chain stores would get away with carrying a product that goes beyond KO by matching a package style perfectly and claiming to be a Transformer made by Hasbro. Family Dollar's also got that crap assortment of KO Cyberjets and Robot Masters Star Saber & Victory Leo, but those come in equally crap packaging.