Fan Art: Can someone cast + hydrospan for me?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by cryptid, Jan 16, 2009.

1. cryptid

cryptid Member

I was wondering if anyone could make a mold, then 2 casts in clear resin of a Mighty Muggs figure for me + Hydrospan a mighty mugg for me from using that same mold.

I will pay for everything.

If you are interested, please PM me!

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thats nothing to hard. do they have to have the joints on them? That might be the only problem. The clear you would have to use is Crystal Clear 204 because of the thickness. I am a bit to busy to do this for you but as long as someone has a pressure tank for the casting there should be no problems with bubbles and would be like glass alomst in terms of clarity.

3. cryptid

cryptid Member

whoa! that crystal clear204 is a heck of a lot more than I was looking to spend. MAybe there is another brand cheaper somewhere else. And only the 2 normal sized muggs are clear. The bigger one can be any solid color.

And I had planned on keeping the articulation. Could I just mold+cast each part seperately and then boil and pop them together when they're done?

4. Darkov

Darkov Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Another alternative for the clear resin is Alumilite Clear
    It's pretty easy to use and it sets up faster. As for the hydrospan...that's some expensive stuff and the results are hit or miss even with a preassure pot.

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I havent been back into my semi-local shop in a while but I think they might sell this in pints as well, still will be at least 60 or so just for the resin. Also when clear is casted it is rock hard, think glass, might be some trouble trying to get the arms and head back in. I would try disassembling one to see how everything works first.
    That resin might work but smooth-on makes several different ones because each one cures differently for different thicknesses. Not saying it will work but I would double check the info to make sure it wont be an issue.

6. cryptid

cryptid Member

thanks guys. both of you have helped so much. I will look into the allumite site because I see clay, dyes, and some other things I will need.

I will try to figure out if its possible to re-assemble a mighty mugg to se If i can cast the parts separately.

After reading many helpful tutorials on this site, I think I can do my own casting and molding for the normal sixed figures.

For the hydrospan, I am still very skeptical. I may try to find someone who can do it for me.

7. Darkov

Darkov Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good Luck:)