Customs: can somebody help me?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

ok so im makeing a custom rotf soundwave and i need a little help. what i want to do is replace his hands. my plane is to remove his hands at the wirst and give him new ones so he can hold the wepons im makeing for him. i however have never done any kind of modes to a bot before so i dont really know how i can pull this off. if anybody has any ideas please let me know.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

1. Make sure it wont affect his transformation. The arms have to be folded in for either mode, so replacing the hands might destroy that.

2. You have to tell us what weapon he'll be holding. Different weapons have different hilts, and different hilts need different hands.

3. Get a dremel, with a cutting disk. Obviously, use at your own risk. That should get through the wrist quite easily.

4. Is that hand going to be on a joint? Or stationary like Soundwaves (i.e. no wrist articulation)? If it's gonna be on a joint, i'd personally use a ball joint, which you can get off the net, or from a junker toy (i wouldn't recommend this, i'd prefer just getting new joints, they're easier to work with in my experience), or even the polycap (flexible joints) from a gundam kit.