Can it live up to the hype?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jan 25, 2011.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

DOTM can be one or two things the tf sequel we deserve or a gravy train .whatever the case do you guys think because of ROTF some people have kinda lost hope in the process so the point is will Movie 3 make as much cash as it's predecessor?

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I believe it will make the cash, no doubt. (maybe more by using the "shot in 3D" sale point)

If Bay has stayed a person of his word (less potty humor, darker story) then I believe it will be the best one. ILM has had 2 movies already to work their magic and they should have more confidence now than ever to pull out all the stops. Great, founded, characters are featured.

Also, they had time to develop a script this go around, unlike in ROTF they were really rushed.

If they combine the type of action we saw in ROTF with the story strength of TF1 (if not better because of experience with the live action TF genre) then I will be pleased with the movie.

3. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well. So far, the hype behind DOTM has been considerbly less than ROTF had.

ROTF overhyped itself.

OMG SOUNDWAVE!
    ZOMG TANK MEGATRON!!
    COMIC ONLY CHARACTER VILLIAN NO WAII!!!
    OMFG DEVASTATOR!!!!
    MATRIXSIDESWIPEARCEERAVAGEMAYBEBARRICADEBUTNOTREALLY!!!!!

So far, DOTM has only really been public about making up for ROTF's shortfalls, that it'll in part involve the Space Race, and that Shockwave is the lead villain. We know very little about the plot so far, or confirmed characters.

In this case, it makes me much more eager in my anticipation for this film.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Very few films live up to their hype. It seems to be the standard business model to over hype films that a studio put a load of money into.

But after the hype of Revenge of the Fallen it's really hard to get pumped up for Dark of the Moon because I just have to keep wondering is it true or are they just saying the stuff they think I want hear before buying a ticket this time.

Box office this time is a little more complicated though. Back in 2009 Revenge of the Fallen really only had to contend with Wolverine, Star Trek, Terminator, Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince, and GI Joe. So it was just beat 3 franchises attempting to come back from bad movies, one of the weaker Potter books, and a Joe movie bad enough to get stuck with an August release. Dark of the Moon has to contend with more big films and lots of fresh new franchises which could be hard.

Even with the extra bucks from 3-D it could be a tougher time to make the same sort of box office when there are so many choices this time for your big summer movie.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I have every confidence that this film will be written better.

6. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

I personally don't think this one has that much hype...not nearly as much as ROTF at least. I don't think it has hype to live up to as much as it has poor memories of a poor film to move past. However thats just me. Michael Bay doesn't seem like a man who likes to loose so I believe this film will be much better than ROTF.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Low hype=Low expectations.

Unfortunately.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Revenge of the Fallen was a winner. It won the Razzies Worst Screenplay, Worst Director and Worst Picture :D 

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't think anything ever lives up to hype.

I just hope DOTM will reach at least the same level as the first movie, not be the total trainwreck that was ROTF.

If it turns out better, great!...but I'm fearing the worst for now.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering nearly everybody is going all "it'll be shit" because of ROTF, I believe it'll live up to the "hype" rather easily.

11. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    id say as of right now compared to ROTF this film has Low Hype - Very High Expectations.

I think after seeing the last film alot more people have a higher expectation for it to do alot better and it very well may.
    As of right not i dont see the hype fest ROTF had i mean heck we knew almost all the characters by now and were just brushing the surface now.

12. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I've had high hopes for the movie ever since Bay himself admitted that ROTF was a mess.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Most likely not.

Look at ROTF.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Aside from a few people who are excited, there's no hype to live up to.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    The personal hype I have for it? No question it will. At the end of the day, it's a Transformers movie. Sure, there's going to be things I didn't like about it, just like the other two films. But I have no doubt I'll sit there in amazement the first time I see it, just like the other two films.

The public hype is barely out there, but it's early. Once the Superbowl commercial hits, that will get things rolling.

16. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hard to get hyped for a film when neither Hasbro, Bay or Paramount have done anything for me to be excited over. This has the weakest advertising and promoting out of all the three films.

The first film was really getting the message out that it was coming almost a year and bit before its release. We got tons of teasers trailers, tvspots and viral videos. They even posted full high resolution images of the cast. Rotf wasn't as good but it gave us some great teasers and trailers and we got the fallen poster a year(a guess?) before its release, and we also got the full res. pics of the new autobots at the end of 2008/start of 2009(from memory?).

DofM is 6 months away, I have seen 4 to 5 different movies at my local cinema since the announcement trailer hit the net, and none had it attached to it, further more I haven't seen a single poster anywhere in that cinema and my cinema is always up to date with which films are coming out and has never skipped out on advertising a film that's coming out even two years from now.

So I wouldn't be surprised if this film doesn't make as much profit as the last two and I'm sure Bay will go on another rant how Paramount failed to promote the film well enough like before. I'm really disappointed that Transformers Dark of the Moon is being left to the last minute for promoting.

17. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Don't worry too much I think Feb we going to be seeing something, goes for the captain america there still no trailer, really the trailer was seen here in Australia also in my cinema thats not much posters of thor and Tf 3 I like wtf is going on.

Poster I hope they focus on shockwave, screw prime and bumblebee I want some other autobots to get in with the posters.

18. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully your right, but Captain America and Thor will be nothing more than 2 hour commercials for the Avengers film coming out next year. That's what Iron Man 2 turned into in the end. So I understand why Marvel isn't doing a great deal of promoting of those two. It's also the first film for both of those franchises, so even with just the usual amount of promotion a normal hollywood film would get, they'll still get a huge amount promoting through of word of mouth being a Comic book film.

DotM is a sequel. There's been little postive word of mouth about it. Bays focusing more on bashing RotF than promoting DofM, same with the cast of the film. Theirs more negativity than positivity in they're interviews and it's making me (and I'm sure others) more angry that RotF was made than I was before(and I wasn't mad at all with RotF originally) and less happy that a 3rd is being made rather than looking forward to it.

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Typically a third movie in the sequels is not as good as the first two.

20. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I want the movie to fail at the box office but be a great Transformers film. However the trend has been the reverse.

I mean a movie with as much special effects as ILM puts into it there is no way the movie wont be a block buster So the only thing left to hope for is a movie better than rotf and if we are lucky enough get a movie that really is good.

expectations though are low based on previous two movies. just because part two was horrible doesnt make part one a masterpiece.