Can Ironhide take on Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zhadow, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I mean he's the second strongest autobot (not counting Sentinel) next to Optimus, and Megatron becomes weaker after the event in 2007. I've observed the last bits of the forest fight, when Optimus is killed and the remaining autobots arrived, i noticed that Ironhide was the closest to counter Megatron, and it seems that Ironhide was able to get him back with his own guns. In the DOTM game, Ironhide possessed enough firepower to blast off Megatron in one shot, skip to 4:18 in the video below to see it. So imo Ironhide can pull up a challange. I'm curious to know what you guys think.
    TF Dark of the Moon Video Game Cutscenes Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say so, he didn't fear megatron in rotf but in tftm him and ratchet were easily beaten by ss. He possessed enough weaponry in DOTM but never got the chance to shine, after all he practically took down demolisher on his own.

3. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I think Ironhide is capable of damaging Megatron, (unlike say Jazz, who couldn't scratch him despite firing a point blank range) but isn't quite able to fight him toe to toe.

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    In DOTM, yes. In TF07, no.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

6. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I don't know I guess I could be judging by only firepower would he have a better chance with his 2 arms cannons he had in the first 2 film or with his new big ass guns (Forgot the name) that Que/Wheeljack invented for him?

7. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

nope.

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    not only does Ironhide have fire power but in the movie, he also thinks before he kicks ass. and as long as he can avoid a huge blast from Megs' shotgawn or fusion cannon, he should be fine. especially with his autocannon and heavy iron

9. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

The heavy iron 2.0.

10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!

11. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. But in fairness, Decepticons in the Bay-verse have been severely nerfed. I lost count of how many Decepticons the humans took down. Given the chance even BB would have taken down megs.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Could he take him on? Sure.

Could he win? I don't think so. But if any non-Optimus could survive Megatron's unbelievably brutal style of fighting (he sometimes resorts to just ripping chunks of his opponent out with his claws) it'd be head-on-collision Ironhide.

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Which Megatron? I'll consider all three.

- TF1-Megs: Ironhide has an initial edge due larger amount of firepower [and quicker trigger], but as soon as Megatron go into close-quarter combat, Ironhide will be torn apart before he can say "DECEPTICON PUNK".

Megatron 8/10.

- ROTF-Megs: This one is the most matched combat, they're mostly equal on terms of resistance, physical strength and speed. But ROTF-Megs outclasses Ironhide due one thing in particiular: His fusion cannon, one shot was able to throw Optimus off the ground, and other shot destroyed half of Megatron's head, no matter where that thing hits on Ironhide, it will ravage his body.

Megatron 7/10.

- DOTM-Megs: This one plays up like an High Noon western duel: Whoever has the quicker trigger-finger wins.
    Megatron's shotgun is some heavy-duty stuff [it opened a hole on Sentinel's chest with one shot, keep in mind this guy was unscathed after taking a goddamn RPG on his chest] so I don't think Ironhide would be able to survive a single shot from it [he may even be able to, but he would be too damaged to fight back], but on the other hand, Megs is too fragile to resist anything Ironhide can fire.
    So it would pretty much be an old west gun-drawing battle, complete with Ernio Morricone's score at the background.

Megs/Ironhide 5/10 each.

14. Shocks

Shocks Needs a better title.

Megatron > Pile of rust.

15. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

In terms of ranged weaponry, i think Ironhide wins, due to the he got two weapons to shot from wich is the powerful heavy irons 1.0 and 2.0. Actually it looks like that ROTF Megatron has a version of his fusion cannon that doesn't have so much of a blast radius, and another version were he has to charge first to have more of it, like in the forest fight. In DOTM, Megatron got a fusion shotgun that rather stuns than blow someone away heavily damaged, it took 3 shoots and then a beating to weakened Sentinel on the ground. It's the close up combat i've to consider.

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

His cannons are much harder to aim than both of Megatron's weapons, though: Ironhide's weapons are embbed on his forearm which isn't that practical for aiming at something [more specifically, when said weapons are large round cannons], there's also the fact he has to draw them first, while Megatron's Fusion Cannon is actually part of his arm.

The shotgun is more practical for aiming.

Regardless, the weapon still will completely wreck Ironhide to pieces if it evet hits him.

Actually, watch closely: On the very first shot Megatron fires, you can see half of Sentinel's waist flying away in pieces, one shot of that shotgun alone made more damage to him than all BB, Ratchet, Sideswipe and one RPG combined. Which means, that is some heavy-duty stuff.

17. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Since it's a shotgun it is mainly to use shot up close, and that's were it lacks, but indeed, Megatron weapon of choice is unique and it's always a Primes weakness.

18. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

ummm no, not a chance: ironhide would be down for the count in a second even against DOTM Megs

19. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Ironhide is awesome but overrated. He couldn't take on Starscream with Ratchet at his side and Demolishor was too busy taking Optimus bullets to the head to pay him any attention. And the DOTM game is so obviously written to complement the film that it can't be taken seriously.

Megatron is pretty tough. IIRC Jazz's gun gave Brawl quite a shiver when it hit him and Megatron took two of those shots without really even noticing.
    ROTF Megs took a nasty beating from Optimus and still fought back and he ran through a freaking air strike to kill Sam, so he's not a push over either. Plus his Fusion Cannon is serious business.
    In DOTM Megs' shotgun hit Sentinel pretty hard but he doesn't look like he can take the punishment either. DOTM would be Hides' best chance, but we never see Heavy Iron in action (in the films) and the bum shotgun would seriously destroy him with a single shot (and if not, it'd daze him so more shots could be thrown in).

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I think it's like Prime Megatron vs Bulkhead. Ironhide can put up a fight, but he'd eventually get overrun. But I think he may be an equal in firepower, explaining the DOTM game thing.