Can I Rant on something.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisr291, Jul 7, 2009.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So today, I'm going to my mothers house to drop off the Brita Water filter I brought her. she wanted one so I brought her one. Anyhow, I took my Dog, Sonny D (Cockapoo) to play with my sisters dog Mindy (English Bulldog). Well they play for a couple of hours and when its time to go my Girlfriend leaves first and I stay behind to help my mother pull some plates down.

Anyhow, my girlfriend starts screaming and I run out side only to see a Pit Bull going nose to nose with my Cockapoo thats trying to defend my GF. This dog is only like 15 pounds and well.. the pit bull is the size of a horse, his head was the size of mine. So my girlfriend is screaming and I just run over to pick up Sonny and I threw him in the car. Anyhow, I offer the pit bull a snack (One of sonny's, it was in my pocket). Boy was I surprised!

This dog sat down, Gave me his paw, etc. YOu know? the stuff he was trained to do. he had a collar but when I reached for it he ran off. Anyhow, I chased him to the park, and I held him down to get his collar. Of course this dog scared everyone, its a BIG DOG. Thankfully, another women came over and helped me.

so I hold him down and we start calling the numbers on his collar. We found that he was adopted from the Animal shelter and dropped him off. This dog was so nice and I wish that I could have kept him but my apartment won't let me have pits. My mom can't have pits because it violates her Home owners insurance. Nobody can own these dogs anymore! If this dog doesn't have a home, no one in my family can save him!

seriously, Pit Bulls are not for everyone but some people can train and care for these dogs! We had a pit named justice and my mom is just a master dog trainer. She can train just about anything but now she is 67 years old and can't really care for such strong dogs. I'm sure my brother or myself could properly care for this dog if need be.

Anyhow, I understand the bad press these dogs get but this whole breed is not bad or killers. I firmly believe that its the owners that shape the dog, Dogs are not predetermined to be killers, their owners train them to be.

[​IMG]

This is my dog, Its Sonny D. LOL, he has more courage than brains

End Rant

2. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SORRY for the terrible english. I just got back from my mothers and still a little upset. My english is not that bad. Its just so sad that these animals are pretty much outlawed everywhere.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can thank the soulless scumbags who breed them with reckless abandon and treat them like property.

4. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I understand. I feel as if those are the most abused dogs on the planet.

5. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Wait...he was attacking your dog and girlfriend, and you felt bad for it?

6. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

There are no bad dogs, just fucking asshole owners. And the brainless idiots who stereotype these breeds!

Excuse my language, but harsh words are needed for harsh feelings.

7. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no no he wasn't attacking. It looked like it but the Pit just wanted to play.

(My girlfriend is from the mean streets of Connecticut, she has never seen a dog like this lol. )

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You'll be in my thoughts

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Well, some people ruin things for everybody else.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We have a lot of Pits in this area for some reason and I've always found them to be very lovable dogs. They definitely have a bad rap.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nice story. Personally, I've encountered both properly trained, and poorly trained Pit Bulls.

A family down the street from us had two Pit Bulls that were pretty much exactly the bad stereotype the breed gets. Their house never got broken into, but the dogs could only be handled by the father. They also got loose frequently, and terrorized the streets around us untill they could be caught by someone who could handle dogs their size (usually either the father, or the police). To put it simply, I was actually really glad to hear when each of them died.

On the other side, my Grandfather (who bred dogs) had a couple of Pit Bulls he took hunting. You would think they would be exactly like, if not worse, than the dogs I described above. In all reality, they were pretty much the exact opposite. They were even good around children, which is one of the things people tend to worry about Pit Bulls. Some of the nicest dogs I've ever encountered.

It's all in the training. It's kinda sad how most dog breeds with bull somewhere in their name have, at one point or another, gained a bad stereotype.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I had to LOL at the part where you chased down a strange pit bull and held it down to look at its collar. Not something I would do.

13. Chaos Muffin

No doubt, usually a metal bat comes to play somewhere

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    our neighborhood has a bad history with pit bulls.....they can be trained.....but they can still turn at any time, cause of the chemical inbalance in their brain......the rental house down the street where this mexican family keeps getting the dogs has a terrible fence and the get out......we are lucky that me and my dad saw the pit bulls got out....at first we just kept our eyes out and this family was walking down the street, little girl on pink bike.....bikes ahead and the pit bulls charge at her, my dad, was rushing over there to stop it and the dad of the girl diverts the pit bulls and they then lunge for him, but gets out of range.....turns out they are related to the mayor of the town, who lives right across form the rental house (i am about two houses over). he is an older heavy set man and he sat in a lawn chair across from the house, WITH A PISTOL ready to kill those dogs (they used little firecracker poppers to scare the dogs away back to the house).....and the owner of the rent house is part of this family too and wouldn't do anything about them before or now cause "the tenants pay good rent"......lets just say our neighborhood boycotts the rental house owner's diner......and before the dogs would get on my neighbors yard and when he went over to the house to warn the peoples if they lunge at his mom or his wife again, he would shoot them to protect his family(he would lol he got more weapons and stuff at his house than the police has lol)......the house owner filed a restraining order on him so he can't go to the diner even if he chooses......i love my small town lol

15. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the funniest thing (other then me chasing this dog down) was that when I finally caught him everyone in the park was giving me dirty looks. I said something like "Look, I'm Mexican, and it may seem strange but this is not my dog ok. I'm just trying to help find its owners..."

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    AGREED 100%.

Shit like this pisses me off.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    first off props to your dog for having massive guts :thumbs2:  and i agree any dog reguardless of breed can be a fine pet its humans that make them agressive and dangerous

18. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I've been in the veterinary field since 2001 and I couldn't agree more.

Although I'm pretty sure my adopted Pom-Chihua-Terrier-Thing was born missing a few marbles...

:drunk 

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    While most of the time a well trained dog is totally OK, all Dogs have the potential to go nuts.

And if a Pit Bull goes nuts (for whatever reason) someone could die. Thats the problem, its like having a hand grenade that could go off at any time, just because it feels like it.

But thats why all dogs should be on leashes in public etc etc.

20. Chaos Muffin

Had a pit bull knock open a storm door and chase me into the neighbors yard when I was a kid. Hit him in the head with a lawn chair and it did'nt really phase him much, then he went after the ice cream truck

Why could'nt that happen when I was being a dork outside playing with my ninja swords.
    Would've Shinobied that mofo