Can I 'donate' my Primus package?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by MACRAPTRON, May 8, 2007.

1. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was really excited about attending Botcon this year, but my visa was denied so I'm not going anymore. It pisses me off, but there's absolutely NOTHING I can do about it :( 

Fact is, I got a Primus package, but I won't be able to get it. I'm thinking about 'donating' it to my pals Cappecca and Matere who will be attending the convention, so they can maybe sell the toys and pay for the hotel (since I won't be there to help paying the room). Is that possible?

I don't want to cancel it out of the blue, since it was charged and paid already. I also don't know if I was good for the Hasbro tour, but I was granted a movie ticket for sure. Maybe someone can watch it in my place. Just asking :) 

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd email Angie or Christie about it. Be sure to detail the exact situation so it's clear that it's not just a case of buying+passing along.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh man. Your visa got denied? Fuck. I was looking forward to meeting up with you man :( 

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn man, that really sucks. I was looking forward to meeting you this year :( 

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure the packages and toys are not transferrable,and cannot be picked up by others.

I'd say to try and get it changed to an Iacon package and that way you'll still get the boxset.

6. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Man, keep the package. If we're able to pick your stuff, we'll do it. If not, see if you can change it for the non-attendee, don't worry about the hotel. I think Matere and I can split it without much pocket damage.

Guys, is there anyway any of you could help from within? The american consulate is concerned that Makoto has lived in Japan for 4 years before, which, although legally, makes him a potential immigrant now. Is there anyway someone could attest that he's not going to stay beyond July 5th in the US, if it helps?

7. MACRAPTRON

News Credits:
    Thanks Vangelus - do you have their e-mail? I haven't received a confirmation e-mail, but my credit card was charged.

Yeah I still can't believe it, to me it was going to be the greatest thing ever to drink and chat with you guys out of the web :(  Maybe next year.

8. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Actually I beleive the packages ARE transferrable if you do it ahead of time, if you don't do that you won't get the free attendee exclusive figure.

9. MACRAPTRON

News Credits:
    Thanks man :)  I appreciate it, hope you guys have a great time at Botcon. As for the visa, there's really nothing to do. They're not giving visas to people who don't have strong ties with their countries of origin - properties, family, kids. I live alone and pay for rent, and while I have a decent income, those were crucial in their decision I think.

I'd argue, but they wouldn't listen - they just kiss you goodbye and say "come back in 6 months and try to convince me again that you're not going to stay in the USA". I completely understand the problem of illegal immigrants, it's not the consulate's fault really.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...Fucking hell :( 

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow....

Sorry to hear Macraptron. :cry 

12. MACRAPTRON

News Credits:
    I've talked to Angie and decided to cancel my pre-registration package since it would suck to look at the toys and remember I was supposed to have attended the 'Con. Thanks for the help guys :) 

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    aw man, bummer dude, whats the reason they denied your visa?

visa approval guys = jerk

14. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Not so much jerks, understand todays climate. Illegal aliens are everywhere and clogging the healthcare/welfare/jail systems. Look at some of the illegal habibs in jersey they were training to kill soldiers and got busted. I'm getting tired of this crap and Mega's situation sucks but it's just gonna get tougher to get in here.

15. MACRAPTRON

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't blame them at all. They said I was a potential immigrant because I live alone in a rented place and work as a freelancer - no real ties with Brazil at all, which means that I can perfectly go and stay in the USA like every other illegal immigrant if I want. It just bothers me that they've just assumed that I'd DO that, but I can't blame them since most of the people applying for visas lie all the time here in Brazil. It's the price I have to pay for being born in a country with such of a bad reputation I guess.

16. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that Makoto. Is a Visa different then a Passport? I thought a Visa was something you applied for when you would have to stay for extended periods of time.

17. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

It depends on diplomatic relations. From country to country you may or may not need a visa to go from here to there. I didn't need a visa to go to Singapore or Indonesia, and I don't need one for any south american country, just the passport is enough. On the other hand, I needed one to go to Japan and USA - even for less than a week, which I believe other nationalities automatically don't.

I got my US visa as a wedding gift from the consulate back in 2003. I needed transit visa to switch planes in L.A. The officer asked me why I didn't apply for a tourist visa instead of transit only, and I said I just wanted to go to Japan. He said that since I was having my honeymoon in Japan, it wasn't likely for me to work as janitor in the US in the near future (those were the exact words from the officer), so he gave me and my wife a 5 year tourist visa. It was funny, awkward, insulting and pleasant, all at the same. I can only blame the people here.

Makoto, let us know if you change your mind. Now go spend that plane ticket money on some TFs. :) 

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Amen, man. Mako, go forth and comfort shop like a DEMON.

19. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Dude, that's messed up. Hell, the illegals aren't gonna tell 'em they're coming. Hell, they just make a run for it. I know it's been years since I've left the US, but damn, you're the second fan that I know that's been denied. Hate to hear it.