Can Hound take on Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GoldenKnight1212, May 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Megatron alone is capable of destroying all the Autobots. But sadly we've seen how pathetically weak they are in the actual movie.

I can see Hound winning with HotRods help. :redface2: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    Megs... Is that you?

Hmm...

• Like Like x 4
  3. vatarian

vatarian massive clod

Can confirm that is NOT Megatron, our glorious leader, who I am NOT second in command to.

The dirty autobot would lose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Imagine if he took Hound's cigar.

• Like Like x 9
  5. zachprime86

zachprime86 Zachimus Prime

I feel like Hound would get injured (Arm torn off or something) but he wouldn't die. But I think that Hound could have a fair fight with Megatron. Maybe that is why they are in voyager wave 2.

6. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

He might last a minute or 2 but thats it.

7. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if he could... there is Hot Rod there, so... sorry lol.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Hound will die in that scene. It reminds me of the brief scenes in DOTM when all the Autobots (including Dino and Sideswipe) ganged up on Sentinel while Optimus was pinned down. They took a beating but didn't die.

I think this will probably be a more personal fight scene since the movies have shifted towards more defined robot characters, but I don't think getting whacked with the sword once will spell Hound's doom. For a character as prominent as Hound, that's not a "death" shot.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated G1'er!

News Credits:
    I don't really remember seeing hound fight hand to hand... only guns?!

10. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Wasn't there that pic of what was possibly hound slumped on the floor on one of those film sets shots released?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Hound may be able to give him a decent fight if he keeps his distance and is always on his toes. I think Hound is too unskilled and slow to really be a physical match for him, so if they were to fight hand to hand Hound would be screwed.

Hound fights mostly with guns and that should buffet Megatron for some time. In his most recent body (Galvatron), Megatron wasn't seen being shot but rather getting pretty down and dirty with Optimus Prime, so he is bound to be fairly durable. Guns tend to be pretty effective on bots here but Megatron is (probably) very durable in comparison, do I will just guess that Hound may injure Megatron if he unleashes an all out onslaught. Megatron was fighting Prime in the trailer, however, so he is likely to get the drop on Hound (which spells doom for Houndy Boy), so a lot of combat rolls, quick thinking and chickening out instead of going Rambo are required for Hound to survive... just going off past movies.

Movie one, Hound's probably doomed. Movie two, doomed. Movie three, while Megatron is down on his luck, Hound may have a chance especially if he goes for the head but I would hate to see what that shotgun capable of hurting Sentinel would do to Hound.

12. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

Optimus never even beat Megatron before he was revived and not properly repaired, or Galvatron.

.....And now Megatron is somehow Megatron again and upgraded.

I don't think Hound would last very long.

13. GoldenKnight1212

Google+:
    He killed a Shockwave lookalike KSI robot through the use of a hand and physical strength.

14. Temenos

Temenos The Last Knight

News Credits:
    Hound is tough, but this new Megatron looks like he'll be killing Autobots in his sleep.

15. GoldenKnight1212

Google+:
    Yep. But this is a question of how well he performs against TF1, TF2 and TF3 Megatron.

16. Temenos

Temenos The Last Knight

News Credits:
    Ah, well then Hound would probably win. LOL.

17. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt Hound would last half a minute against Megatron in any form.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I can't determine how DOTM Megatron would do against hound since we never see him in an actual fight however movie 1, 2, and 4 would destroy him. Movie one Megatron was a monster capable of tossing optimus around like a rag doll and ripping bots in half of his bare hands he was also pretty fast mauling his enemies like a ravaging animal, no chance hound has of winning. Revenge Megatron was a tank, who could take more damage than an entire small army of decepticons and even his movie one counterpart he was also capable of throwing a bot like optimus around with minimum effort; he also had a cannon that blasts robots across a football field or two. Hound loses for sure.

Galvatron would crush him for most of the fight Galvatron was matching optimus and even had the upper hand at points he was practically invulnerable to optimus's attacks and was more agile than ever yet still powerful enough to knock optimus across the highway with a single uppercut. Beyond DOTM Megatron I don't think Hound has even a slight chance of beating Megatron.

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 6:46 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I think DOTM Megatron wouldn't have much problem with Hound either seeing as how he brutalized Sentinel, yes it was a cheap shot but the point is DOTM Megatron had a very powerful gun that could shred Sentinel like nothing and had enough strenght to rip apart big pieces from Sentinel's abdomen.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated G1'er!

News Credits:
    I had a look at a youtube video, Hounds top 5 moments, and actually i forgot that he's pretty well made :lol  He's seems robust and tough enough to stand up to Megatron, much more than Ironhide, but I seriously doubt he'd have the teeth to finish the job.

Incidentally, Hound must have the highest body count of all the bots in the movie!