Can hasbro put out a clasics thundercracker if it differs from the botcon version?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by starscreamghost, Mar 7, 2008.

1. starscreamghost

starscreamghost Well-Known Member

Can hasbro put out a clasics thundercracker if it differs from the botcon version?

For example could they put out a battle damaged Thundercracker or one with some new springloaded gimick or something. I wouldn't mind if he had some lazer burns and scratches if I didn't have to pay $220 to complete my seekers.

It could even be a store exclusive like the Skywarp/Magnus release.

I'm sure they are going to repaint classics prowl into Bluestreak and Smokescrean or cybertron Runamuck into Runabout eventually anyway.

Or does Botcon have a specific contract to see that never happens? I felt as a longtime fan, kinda burned on this whole deal. It was great that the figure was made by someone but it's exclusiveness just makes it too far out of my reach and that of many others.

2. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Well, that recent Crosshairs release did look similar to the Botcon 2005 exclusive, so I think maybe they could do the same with Thundercracker. Just....different. Although maybe an exclusive would be best, like a limited edition.

3. starscreamghost

starscreamghost Well-Known Member

That or can Takara put out a henkei Thundercracker like their Starscream? Although they'd end up being scalped pretty hard I'm sure, they'd still be cheaper probably.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldnt mind getting another Classics Thundercracker he looks really good with the others and will be my Favorite untill My Henkei Screamer comes in in the next few weeks.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Hasbro can do whatever they want to with their figures. That being said, they probably wouldn't out of respect for the existing exclusive.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

In Japan bad guys don't sell that well as in USA, so seeing many Decepticons in the Henkei line is a big IF.

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    We already have 3 of the 6 in the line, and that was just with the first wave. There's still plenty of time for Ramjet, SW, and Devastator (as well as variations of first two) to show up later.

8. newguy

newguy i

That would be awesome and i am pretty sure that walmart can do that. i wouldnt want it to be a walmart exclusive because in colorado walmart is never in stock

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    hasbro might be able to do so if it had a wildy different color scheme...but it seems like it'd be too close to FP's design...and crosshairs is more closely an invert of the color scheme...but he had two different colors going for him...

i'm pretty sure it would be a bad move for hasbro...and no one got burned my this deal....hasbro had decided LONG BEFORE CLASSICS WERE ON THE SHELVES that FP could make the rest of the seekers, as they didnt think the line was gonna be as successful as it was....its unfortunate that they are exclusive for those that cant afford them, but sometimes thats the way life is...

it is possible that if FP hadnt made the set, and classics had been as successful, we might be getting them in 2.0, but thats only speculation...

10. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Crosshairs and Fallback are different names though aren't they. :inquisiti 

I seriously doubt that a classics Thundercracker will happen as a repaint of classics Starscream. It may end up that classics Thundercracker will be produced from a redeco of another Starscream mold. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Hasbro did make a calssics TC from classics SS. And I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Takara to do it either.

11. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

I really doubt it, but I HOPE it happens one way or another. Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge still elude me. After seeing current eBay prices, I realize now I should have bought the set for $350 or whatever the price was before Botcon. I bitched about the price then, and now it's almost tripled.

I have extras of SS and RJ for customs of these guys, but have never got around to starting them. I've never done a TF custom, so I'm a little scurred to try. :) 

12. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Thundercracker. I don't really care for any of the coneheads.

I think he's the most likely of the BotCon figs that TakTomy would repaint. Same mold as Starscream. The next Henkei releases could be:

Jetfire
    Cliffjumper
    Skywarp
    Thundercracker
    maybe Devastator

If they don't do Thundercracker, no biggie.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Miracles can happen, I want the darker Blue with red Stripe like seen on the Armada and movie thundercracker.

Come on Takara-Tomy.

14. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I hope this happens. And I hope it's the case. Is Takara's Starscream different enough from Botcon's seekers for them to be able to make a Thundercracker and the other coneheads?

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Okay, here's the fantasy situation: Hasbro is definitely going to release classics Thundercracker for retail purchase, but...it's in actionmaster Thundercracker colors.:eek: 

What do you do?

16. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Laugh my Ass off at the toy and then buy two.

I can see TakTomy releasing a Thundercracker, as it would have chromed parts but if they did, it'd be in the Cartoon colors. (light blue) And I wouldn't hold your breath for a Classic Devastator in Japan. That was a US exclusive so I don't think that it would be made in Japan under their agreement to not release each other's exclusives with Hasbro.

I think that the Henkei line will take it's time releasing toys untill this fall and then add the new Classics 2.0 to it's line.

17. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    from a purely selfish investment point of view I kind of hope not as I would feel I wasted a lot of money but on another note I hope they do so everyone that didnt get a thundercracker can do for a reasonable price

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I doubt it ( and no I dont own a set nor collect classic)

reason: These molds were created by Hasbro and FP got to do the exclusiv sets. I dont know how much or how the situation works with Takara but seeing the classics are Hasbro molds and now Takara has gotten the ok to relese them and they have altred them a bit with paint apps and chorme parts I can not see Takara do the rest of the seekers.

reaons: FP has the rights to produce them and Im sure Hasbro gets some cuts in the FP price cut and FP paying to use the molds (Im not sure how it works ). If Hasbro lets Takara produce something that already has been produced as exclusivs then they are stabbing FP in the back and I dont see Hasbro doe that. They cant use the argument that its for the Japanese market because we live in a INTERNATIONAL world with online toystores to SELL THESSE TOYS.

The exclusiv seekers ARE DONE..and I know it must suck for others to not be able to have them but this is the situation so if you want them pay up or skip them...the choice is easy. Even if you dont like it we live in a time were collecting toys are more then collecting...all lines have exclusivs , some expensiv and some cheap. Just because some exclusivs are populer and goes up in price you cant just print new ones all the time..if so what is the point with exclusivs ???

19. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I own the convention set from Botcon, and I wouldn't mind him comming out. I doubt I will sell mine, I am just glad I have mine. I also sold my extra Thundercracker to a board member, for a price he agreed to.

Personally I am past a Classic TC, I want a MP Thundercracker, like yesterday. Encore seekers too, like now.

20. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just put down Botcon exclusive 2005 because I couldn't remember the name. Besides, I really hated that year, awesome Energon repaints, but never was a fan of animal-formers.

An exclusive Seeker set would be awesome. Like $25 for all three seekers (Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker) at like a Toys R Us.