Can Ginrai consider Japanese version of Rodimus Prime G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Feb 24, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,i have a question to ask,can Ginrai can be consider Japannese version of Rodimus Prime ?
    Do Ginrai automate become Autobot leader after he become Optimus Prime human component like Rodimus Prime in G1 season3 after he open the matrix?

Are Ginrai consider the chosen one in masterforce like Rodimus Prime in movies and G1season 3?Am i right he the chosen one and leader in masterforce and he the main cast?
    Thanks.

2. DC2k5

DC2k5 Well-Known Member

I don't think he could be considered a Japanese version of Rodimus Prime.
    As Rodimus was in the Japanese Headmasters continuity anyway. Rodimus passed on leadership of the Autobots to Fortress Maximus after the destruction of Cybertron.

Fast forward to the end of Masterforce, Metalhawk passed on leadership of the Earth Autobot forces to Ginari.
    In the beginning of Victory, Star Saber was introduced as the Autobot/Cybertron Supreme Commander. So I don't think at any point Ginari lead the entire Autobot faction. He was always just a Commander of a particular sector?

And finally, regarding 'Chosen One' I guess it depends on what your view of the Autobots' Chosen One is. If it is the one who rises from the Autobots' ranks to use the power of the Matrix to light the Autobots' darkest hour (as per the prophecy) then I guess it is and will always be Rodimus, as he fulfilled the prohpecy in the movie.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Wait, didn't Optimus ultimately fulfil the prophecy by using the power of the Matrix to destroy the hate plague spores?

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I guess, technically, both were able to light a darkest hour.

Which very much implies that there might be a series of such crises and every time, a Prime with a Matrix makes the difference. Technically although he never used the Matrix, Spike also fulfilled the prophecy when he brought a new Golden Age to Cybertron after shutting down the Plasma Energy Chamber.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

In the anime, Ginrai only becomes leader of the small group of earth-based Autobots, and then, only AFTER Metalhawk actively decides to step down and nominate Ginrai as his replacement following the successful finding of the other Godmasters, ten full episodes after Ginrai has joined the Autobots.

Ginrai does become Supreme Commander of all the Autobots in the manga, but even there, Fortress Maximus has to summon him to the planet Athenia, where a ceremony is held and Fortress passes leadership to Ginrai.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Rodimus Convoy is the japanese version of Rodimus Prime.

The first part of this question is really strange.

7. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

I see no connection of Ginrai to Rodimus. At least because Ginrai uses OP's body, not his.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The way I see it, Optimus opening and useing the Matrix proves the idea of a "chosen one" and the "prophecy" to be nothing more then a myth.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I only wish that were so, I've always felt that Rodimus Prime is an affront to the mythos.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

It pretty much is if you look aqt all the evidence.

Think about it.

The "prophecy" claims there is a chosen ONE that will raise to light THE darkest hour.

And yet, it appares we have a chosen TWO and more then 1 darkest hour.

Not to mention that Scourge, was able to utilize cthe power of the Matrix as well.

Which means theres a small segment of the TF population that can use the matrix in some way.

Alll this pretty much proves that the idea of a chosen one was a myth to safe guard the matrix.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I would say that there is only one "Chosen One" at a time. After Optimus died, Rodimus became the savior; however, once Optimus was resurrected, the matrix reverted to him.

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Everyone seems to be assuming that (think outside of the box here with me poeple) they actually faced the "darkest hour" and either of those two guys were what the line was talking about...

If you continue with the story on down the line there is bound to be any amount of things that look like the end of the world but never are.. someday there could be something so heinous that it requires the Matrix, the current Prime and a high % of any living Transformers at the time to be sacrificed to stop it, leaving only a small handful alive.. now that would seem like a true "darkest hour" to me.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Nice, but it really dosent cover all the issues.

Like how when Rodimus gave Optimus the Matrix in "Dark awakening" Optimis reported feeling much stronger with it,but technically, Optimus wasnt really alive there.

Nor does it explain how Scourge was able to use it.

I dont think that we are assuming anything.

Thats exactly what the "prophecy" claims.

The "prophecy" claims there is a darkest hour, and then, and only then, a chosen 1 will open and use the power of the matrix.

So, if the "prophecy" was real, then the darkest hour could only come once...period.

Since we know thats not true, the "prophecy" itself can not be accurate.

14. KnightHawkke

Well, if your going to take that angle on it sure..

But remember, one Bot's "darkest hour" is another Bot's minor inconvenience..:p  its all subjective from the point of the Bot who wrote the prophecy anyway.

One would think that the big "Doomsday" prophecy of a race of Robots would include whatever macguffin is being used to stop what one would expect to be a one time event to be destroyed.

IF.. an Autobot were to use "a" Matrix from "insert reality here" to initiate a multi-reality cascade event to wipe Unicron from the multiverse as say.. he was about to make all of reality go away. One would expect it to follow where every matrix opened at once and were destroyed in the process of totally obliterating all instances of Unicron from all realities... that's harder to word than one would expect:redface2: 

Hence the "darkest hour" was averted by "an" Autobot opening "a" matrix. and that event would be multi-universally singular.

when looking at a "prophecy" don't get too bottled up in the exact words on the surface, often there is far more to learned below.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well me I think every "prophecy", fictional or otherwise, should be taken with a grain of salt.

They are always vague and cant be taken at face value.

16. KnightHawkke

on the original topic the answer is No.

Ginrai was always a part of Optimus, he then later "evolved" into the original Optimus, it's a long story.