Can G1 Ironhide's gun attach to the bottom of van mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LoserBroadside, May 28, 2008.

1. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

The chromed section of G1 Ironhide's waiste has a space in it the exact size of the round part of his gun. And I noticed a picture in a partially-obscured Diaclone instruction manual indicating that the gun can be stowed in vehicle mode by pegging it to that chomed waist-section. However, the peg seems too small and the gun hangs down past the wheels. Is this an undocumented feature that I'm doing wrong, or is this an abandoned feature that no longer works?

-LB

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It pegs in there, yeah, but it is true that it extends down quite a way, making it difficult to roll on anything that's not completely flat. I've got my Ratchet in front of me now, and the gun just skims the tabletop.
    If you open the rear 'door' before you attach the station to the cab, you can also store the attachment peg and a missile in the back, over the caterpillar tracks.

3. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Awesome, thanks! I'll try all that when I get outa work. Quick, don't tell my boss I'm on the TFW boards at work!