Customs: Can anyone be custom made?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Toei, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not annoying you guys with these questions. :(  I'm just trying to have as good as a G1 Transformers collection as I can.

Anyway, I know that Impossible Toys was supposed to do their own Arcee action figure. Has that ever come to pass? If so, then I was wondering, can any TF be custom made into a toy like Arcee has been/was supposed to? I'd like a toy of the Lithones, and Devcon (and I don't just mean the version at Botcon).

I'd also like toys of the Transformers who appeared in this scene- YouTube - G1 BEST: Transformers Origins

Would that be a possibility?

I also understand copyright. But I'm not sure if it's in "fair use" or anything the way Impossible Toys has done it.

Please let me know soon.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure on the Impossible Toys Arcee, but I do know that Animated Blurr comes rather close to her design (oddly enough with his ever so feminine body) And the screen capture you have there is of a Quintison. And someone did make sets of those, I just can't remember for the life of me who. I believe that bbts.com may have some in stock still though..... hold on... Ah, as it seems it was also impossible toys that makes the quint's as well. Quint-01 - Quintesson Judge - Transformers Accessories Accessories at BigBadToyStore They are up for a new preorder as it seems, and only for $20! I may have to get in on a couple of those..

3. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Well I didn't just post a screen capture. It's actully a whole video.

But could Devcon be custom made from scratch? How about Arbulus and/or Kranix?

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Impossible Toy's Arcee is still coming out, from what I was told. I would expect a new announcement from them soon.

Devcon, Arbulus, and Kranix can be made. Any figure can be made, as long as you or someone has the determination to create it. :) 

5. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Okay sounds great to me. If that's the case, then do you suppose Impossible Toys could make Devcon if enough fans request him?

One other question though a bit off topic. Besides Arcee, I know Impossible Toys HAS made figures of Kranix and Arbulus. But are they, well...posable? I know they can't transform, but can you still move their arms and legs and shit?

6. Venksta

News Credits:
    Impossible has been focusing on G1 stuff, that was never made. So I would assume if enough fans are interested, they'd be the group to release a figure of him.

I think Kranix and Arbulus had limited articulation from what I recall. But I'm not 100% sure.

If you have the money, you could always contact one of the talented Radicon customisers and get a custom made figure, instead of waiting for a group to release one.

7. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Okay sounds good. :)  I sure would love to have a Devcon in my collection.

Though if someone around here can make Devcon for me, will they be able to make one that transforms?

8. Venksta

News Credits:
    Yup. If you really want a Devcon figure, take a look at the works by the Radicon members in the main Radicon forum. Then contact those who are taking commissions, and you should be able to discuss with them about the Devcon figure, and get a price. It will probably cost more than what a fangroup would charge for a Devcon figure, if they released one. But its better than waiting around for someone to make it anyways.

9. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Cool! :D  I'll defenetly do that when I have the chance.