Can Anybody Help Me?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheFallenTF, Jul 6, 2009.

1. TheFallenTF

TheFallenTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am going to do transformers reviews on youtube. But I need some tips. Like the environment of the video. like lighting and stuff like that. And what else I should do other than give details on how to transform the robot. I contacted Peaugh on youtube too. BTW my youtube channel is autobotxsoldier. Oh and thanks to anyone who is willing to help me.

2. DEC4DE

DEC4DE Member

A excellent way to do a review is comedy and managing good time usage. Watch Vangelus's reviews and you will see how not only are they informative but at the same time fun to watch a full of laughs. YouTube - Vange1us's Channel. This is my opinion ;3

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If you're a girl, shun the conduct of all previous female reviewers and show as much cleavage as you can.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. TheFallenTF

News Credits:
    OK, so far Thanks DEC4DE
    .comedy
    .time manage

6. DEC4DE

DEC4DE Member

Also don't forget too clearly explain details of the currently figure you are reviewing and try not to get sidetracked to another subject. Talk in a clear confident voice if possible and also focus ALOT on the toy, your face may be pretty but you aint reviewing that are ya? You can refer toy story but don't start dragging on unless intended too. Try not too stutter and like talk like this like that like this is cool like its awesome, it really gets annoying for some.

This is all I could get so far from my head but hoped it helps and looking forward to seeing your reviews ^^.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  7. TheFallenTF

News Credits:
    Thank you SO MUCH. ill PM you when i have my video up so you can see it.

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    And remember to put it in the video section. :thumb 

--Moony

9. TheFallenTF

News Credits:
    Oh yeah iforgot about that. I Will!

10. TheFallenTF

News Credits:
    OK,so I got some good tips. Now if anybody could just help me with where exactly I should do it. Should I make like a little setting somewhere or what?

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A tripod, a simple piece of white posterboard, and sufficient lighting seem to often be missing from the handful of reviews I've watched.

Also, taking a few minutes to jot down some notes or key points ahead of time might help the flow of what you're describing. I usually find myself turning off the sound when I watch them due to them being incoherent. "Uh, Bumblebee is mostly yellow... uh.... with some black parts."

12. TheFallenTF

News Credits:
    White PosterBoard, Sufficient Lighting. Also jot down notes ahead of time. Speak clear.Got it! Thanks.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Also, it is worth taking the time to edit things together afterwards. If you find a section does not work, be ruthless and redo it. If your reviews are for things that others have already done, there is no rush to get them up immediately, so you can take the time to get them perfect.

(Even if you are dealing with a first review, I'd still advocate taking the extra bit of time to do a good review - an excellent second review is a far better product than a weak, rushed first review)

14. TheFallenTF

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice Sol Fury!

15. Elita

Elita Lord Optimus' Femmebot

:lol  I almost peed.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All i want from a video review:
    1.) Intelligence- when I see a video and the reviewer doesn't know anything about the toy, i bail and ignore them forever.
    I have seen vids with people holding dinobpts and calling calling them the wrong animal, holding an autobot and saying, "it might be a police car" and their inflection gave me the notion he was asking the viewer if he was right.
    If you can't prep to hide your ignorance, do not review something.

2.) Clarity- Be thorough and clear about the subject. Don't linger on the obvious. Show details that may be overlooked and emphasize elements that you believe may be a hinderance to fellow collectors. "The directions say, 'turn his arm like this,' but if you lower this panel first, you won't stress the joints."

3.) Awareness- be aware of what your hands are doing while you transform the toy. I have wanted to pull my hair out watching clips where the reviewer has a close up of his hands basically palming the entire toy as he says, "as you can see here, you turn THAT over THERE and flip THIS to HERE... just like this..." If you have to cover a toy up to do something, stop. point at the part, use a finger to show direction or how it will move and do the step slowly. especially if it is complicated step.

4.) Fun- it's a toy! Play with it, joke about it. Really sell it, if you are reviewing a toy you really like. Sell it as hype the toy's awesomesauce.

As for setting and lighting, just go over to the Radicons tutorials and build a Light Box and use that with a camera/tripod rig.

last, i never just watch one video review because the first video that pops up on the Youtube search isn't always the best. Sp as someone else has said, take a little extra time and get it right and you will see it pay off.
    good luck!

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if you cant be unique and entertaining, don't bother doing it.

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

Be sure to point out articulation. That is something that i have seen a lack of in recent reveiws.

19. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever you do, don't say what the colours are. People who do that annoy the hell out of me because WE CAN ALL CLEARLY SEE WHAT THE COLOURS ARE!!

20. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

even if your not a girl, hold up a picture of cleavage