Can any one ID this Hot Wheels Playset?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Optimist_Prime, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone ID this Hot Wheels Mini Playset?

I came across this Hot Wheels train like play set from when I was little in a bin of stuff in the basement. I can't find out what it is for the life of me. The furthest I got was I think it's part of a line called Hot Wheels Adventurers or somthing like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone? Someone's gotta know.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  4. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Looks neat. Does that little car move on the track or is it fixed to that spot?

5. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Netkid I could f***in kiss you right now!!!! Thank you!!!

6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ehh...*slowly moves away from Optimust_Prime*

A simple pat on the back will be fine! :lolol 

Okay back on topic,

I had the silver version of the deluxe Astro Rover, and the tan version of the deluxe Jungle Ranger. The Jungle Ranger was an awesome set.

The Astro Rover was kind of bland though, since it was all just a surface and really had no specialty to its various parts. Just aliens that fit in holes to hide in, come crevasses for your rover to fall in, and the wheel wells became 2 small control rooms.

The tan Jungle Ranger on the other hand, had trees, a volcano, a cave (in volcano), a breakaway bridge, a temple idol with falling ax trap, a tree canopy that the giant red spider come down from and latch onto your small Ranger truck, a red bulldozer, a giant black snake that can fall down on the rover, a green t-rex, and a giant red gorilla.

It all comes down to personal preference on which set to buy, as each one comes in 2 color schemes, (3 for the Reef Raider Submarine since it had a Captain Crunch Premium). Each variant set has different paint applications, most painted areas are painted a different color on the variant sets, and some have certain areas that are not painted on the others and vice versa. Depending on which set you buy, some areas are more detailed with paint than on others as well, trees and jungle brush vs. a more detailed volcano.

I decided to buy the tan version of the Jungle Raider because the regular green one had a bland looking "plasticky" volcano and environment; where as the tan Jungle Raider had a more detailed volcano and overall environment that worked well with the less detailed jungle areas. Plus, the biggest reason was that I wanted a green t-rex more than a silly purple one.

I once saw a resin hardcopy of the unreleased Time Machine playset on eBay. It was surprisingly cheap, but had no paint and was missing parts. If the one used for photography ever shows up on eBay, then I might feel very compelled to try and win it since it just looks like an amazingly badass playset overall. It's a real shame it wasn’t released. Oh well.

7. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So these sets don't have much secondary value? I really like the one I have. I don't know if I'd get the other three (or seven depending on how you collect.), or if I'd just sell it.

8. netkid

News Credits:
    There are only 3 on eBay right now, and they're no real bargain. Just keep it and if you want, buy more if you come across them cheap.

I've seen them sell on eBay before, and people wanted a lot of money for them. Apparently they're some of the many obscure 90's Hot Wheels toys that you don't often come across.

9. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

I have that same exact set!! I collect all kinds of hot wheels stuff!! I even have these little "road warriors" type hot wheels car sets!

10. netkid

News Credits:
    I have those!

Do you have the ones that just launch and crash with the little weapons you clip on

-or-

The ones with the little poseable drivers that fit inside the cars which bust open when hit from the side?

I have both kinds.

11. cougarcat13t

No just the ones that launch off and crash into each other! Those were fun toys as a kid.. but I still play with them lol!! I love toys!

12. netkid

News Credits:
    You should have seen the ones with the little men. They kicked ass!

I happened to have a very rare toy from that line, it's a giant red helicopter which was only released outside of the U.S. but it's probably one of, if not the best toy from that line.

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the...! I didn't know about these! Beast Wars

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Well now you know.

I have both of those playsets, and compared to other Microverse playsets, they are well worth your money. I have the green version of the spider, because the green plastic works better with the green alligator Megatron minifigure than yellow plastic legs.

The minifigures are:

Killer Whale- Tranatulus vs. Optimus Primal (Gorilla)

Spider- Razorbeats vs. Megatron (Alligator)

But that's pretty much it for TF-related playsets unless you count Japanese stuff, which wasn't micro and was actually made for the regular Beast Wars figures.

15. netkid

News Credits:
  16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Beast Wars 2 got a playset that folded out from... either the Cybertron or Destron ship, I forget which, but probably Cybertron. It came with a couple of minifigures, and the rest of the cast was sold separately in a boxed set.

17. cougarcat13t

Oh I remember seeing those in the store... makes me sad I never bought them!!