can a headmaster head be disassembled?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by novabeam10, Nov 3, 2009.

1. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi
    just curious if this is possible. I've seen a number or 1 armed headmasters on ebay and wondered if one could take apart a headmaster repair/replace the arm and then put it back together?

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Theoretically? Yes.

Practically? It's a pain in the ass from what I've heard and there must be some trick to doing it, because you'll likely end up with figures with two broken arms if you're not careful. :( 

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood the question and thought that Novabeam10 was asking if it was possible to disassemble Headmasters in general and replace missing arms if the arm pegs were still intact. This is possible, but Megamus is right: the arm peg is part of the front half of the torso mold. If the peg's broken off, you're out of luck. :( 

3. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Its a hard lesson to learn :( 

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I would recommend against it, as they dont really use screws as much as rivets.

5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    No, a headmaster cannot be taken apart to repair the arms. There is 1 screw holding the front and back together basically. The arms are held on with pegs on the front side. Usually when they are broken is because the peg is broken. Taking it apart will not bring the broken peg back. Sorry

6. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah. Guess people buy the armless head just for filler if theres no way to swap arms or do repairs

7. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

Actually. If you want a quick fix, you can dremel out the missing peg to make a hole than just put a screw in there. You can only tell from one angle.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

This. You can find a screw that is similar to the peg, make a hole for it, and glue it to the torso. I did the same thing to my G1 Octane when a friend broke his left arm off at the shoulder joint.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

edit. as above, but you could add a little tiny bit of round plastic to glue onto the top of the screw.

alternatively, if the metal turns you off try making your own plastic peg and plastic welding/gluing that into your neatly drilled hole. it's not impossible, but you'll need very nimble fingers to do it. it wouldn't be terribly strong either.