Camshaft in stock at HasbroToyStore.com

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deathx360, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I placed an order for one at about 6:00. If you are going to order one remember to use the promo code comic2006 for 10% off the order. Beats paying $30.00 for this repaint before shipping. Also the Legends of Cybertron waves 3 and 4 are up for order as well as the Primus without the Unicron head. Good luck.

2. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Noticed it was posted in the news section. Props go to Tfgraveyard for the original post.

3. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Quickie review of Camshaft

I was lucky enough to buy one at a local Target store last week. They haven't replaced him yet, so for all I know that was the only assortment they had in stock.

Opened him, played with him. Judgment: he's definitely different-looking than Prowl. The combination of grey, blue and gold make him look kinda like a cheap Chinese knock-off, but it actually works for him. He's got zero resemblance to G1 Camshaft, aside from the color and the Autobot insignia on his leg, but what else is new?

That's robot mode. In vehicle mode, he's kind of a dull grey -- not even silver, just grey, and the color of plastic shows off the slightest imperfection in the mold extremely well. Nothing really remarkable about him. He's less boring than Rollbar (the only Alternator I'm actually considering passing on), but he's still kind of an anticlimax.

FWIW: I bought him at the same time as Optimus Prime and Mirage. Of the three, Mirage is DEFINITELY the best figure. I'd swear he wasn't designed by the same company that made the other two. Come to think of it, Mirage is the first Alternator I've bought since Grimlock that didn't have a part pop off during his initial transformation.

4. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I would dare say Mirage is the best Alt. period. Camshaft is now shipping, my status change today to fully shipped.

5. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I think the similarites between Mirage, Prowl, Skids, and Prime are very obvious. Arm/leg/feet style, the guns, hands, level and style of articulation, the door wing execution...it must be the same crew working on them.

They did great with Skids...nice figure all around, even if I hate Scions. Prowl is great too, I prefer him to skids.

Mirage is a masterpiece. Best alt yet. Solid vehicle, GREAT articulation, good joints, just looks awesome.

Prime, while having many features in common with the others...sucks. Hasbro isn't giving us a bigger Alt for free, look at him. Count the pinned joints, look at the construction of the joints, and you'll see it's a study in cost cutting DFM. The end result is a lazy transformation and a toy that can't stand well. No QC what so ever...my NP had a whole different set of flaws than my OP.Don't get me wrong, I've got both Primes and I love them, but weakest alt to date, and it's aggrivating.

Camshaft is nice. Mine has swirly plastic, the hood mark, the loose doors, and had some extra chroming on the right front wheel. Nice figure...but the QC....

6. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    What's Hasbro's charge for shipping?

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

When I checed it was like $4.84 for me. with the 10% it would have been $22.xx which is just a tiny bit more than he would be in stores with tax. But alas I'm a broke bum.