Camping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friendship pony, Jul 10, 2012.

1. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    just got back from a week long camping trip at worlds end state part in forksville,PA. just wondering if anyone else on here camps and what is yout favorite place and or most memorable time? here are some pics i took minus the first one thats just a picture from the mountain vista trail at worlds end
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to, often. But can't so much any more due to beetle kill in the surround areas. All of my favorite campgrounds are closed for safety reasons. Now, with all the fires, it's even worse. The closest I get to camping now is at my in-law's cabin.

My favorite place to camp was a campground called Willow Creek. It's tucked away in the Snowy Range mountains here in south east WY. Quiet place, dense forest, and still only 40 minutes from my home.

Most memorable time? It'd take me a while to mull over them all.

3. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i am going camping at wisc state fair rv park for wisc state faire

4. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I camped out for the 4th of July weekend through to Sunday at Glacier National Park in Montana. I usually get out 3-4 times a year, and all are in the summer.

It's a great way to see different parts of the country. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

5. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went camping once and it wasn't the best experience for me

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sleep in beds. With air conditioning.

7. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I camp all the time. I bring my crossbow and kill some zombies when they peek into my tent.

This isn't about Minecraft? Whoops...

8. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Love camping. Never been to PA though scenery looks great though. IMO it's not camping if your not sleeping in tents w\o power.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I camped out near the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon two years ago. That's some beautiful country down there.

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Why go outside when I have all this?

[​IMG]

... seriously though, probably the one thing I do enjoy about the outdoors is the plant & wild life. That's something that my camera generally can't see on most days, so its definitely worth taking advantage of when I can.

11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh, people either love it or they don't.

This weekend I'll be at the cabin, and I plan on sitting by the river while reading my on my kindle and listening to some mellow music, with a bag full of snacks, sammiches, and drinks.

It's the only time I disconnect. While I still use electronic devices, I have no internet/cell service up there. No distractions. There's no cars driving around, no phone calls, no emails, no forums, nothing. Being a person who works in IT, it's quite nice.

Pure relaxation.

12. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    i camped there before it is very nice

13. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I've only been camping once, with my Cub Scouts. It was lots of fun,and I've learned a few things about it from my Experienced (and fairly Patient) Assistant Cubmaster. Oddly enough my wife enjoyed it far more than I would've expected! I figured she'd go screaming back to the van at the sight of the first insect, but she hung in for 2.5 days at Camp Shands..

We're going on another Camping trip in 2 weeks, and we're all looking forward to it.

14. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

Every winter, I head toward the coast and go to the camp grounds in Anastasia State Park. Cold, damp, and sandy but man do I love that crap.

15. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to, my most memorable was me nearly freezing to death from February 12-14 about 15 or so years ago days after it snowed, while there was a shit load of snow still on the ground. I(one in the blue ski mask) was out there with my oldest brother(in grey in last picture), his girlfriend(in orange), and my uncle(in plaid), on the second day two others were on the trail, Eric(orange cap), and Eric jr(olive parka), they helped us start a fire. It was a part of the appalachian mountains that are in NJ.
    It was fun, had my first drink of alcohol, Leroux Blackberry Brandy, tasted even better in Hot Chocolate. We put our granola bars, and other food in the "bear safe" lock box at the end of the trail, away from the tents, they froze solid. The worst part about the whole thing(besides the freezing cold) was that we had to hike in the pitch dark to get the the half cabin. I couldn't wait to get out of there, I was shaking so bad from the cold, that I had to lay on the final night between my bro, and his girl, while they rubbed my back to keep me warm. After we got back home my temperature was 94.2, couldn't stop shaking for the next couple days, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  16. paxtoprime94

paxtoprime94 The Hero

I LOVE camping!!!!!! I'm actually an Eagle Scout (highest rank acheivable in Boy Scouts; BSA kicks you out at 18 years old but if you get Eagle your always an Eagle; you don't really do Scouts anymore but the rank stays with you) and I used to camp with my Boy Scout troop once a month. Some of the campouts sucked cause there was nothing to do, but we had some great camping trips though; there are so many I can't say which places/trips were my favorite but I'm in Alabama so we mostly camped in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, a little in Florida; all of them have great wilderness.
    Tennesee's really good for rock climbing and any kind of canoeing or rafting or whatever in whitewater rapids; we island hopped via sea kayaking off the Atlantic coast of Georgia one time; and we backpacked 80 miles over 11 days in New Mexico; a Boy Scout Ranch called Philmont, a bunch of mountains and forest in the middle of the desert out there that some dude donated to the BSA, and that was reeeeaallly fun, though it was alot of work; we've done alot of high adventure stuff like that, but there are some great places that we've gone to around Alabama where we went and camped and just had fun hanging out, screwin around, playing football if there was enough room, and exploring the surrounding woods and stuff; I haven't camped recently but I love it though

17. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

I only went camping once, and I ended up coming back home covered in chigger bites from head to toe.

Never. Again.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I used to do a pretty decent amount of camping when I was younger, my family used to go to the adirondacks every summer. I really should get back into it, I really enjoyed camping.

19. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I'm going down to Oregon's high desert in just a couple weeks