Camera Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I've spent the better part of a week just deciding if I should post this in here or in VG&Tech. ...I figure, a camera's a toy, right? Ah well, if the thread gets moved, it gets moved. Anywho!

Currently, I've got a several years old HP 3 megapixel digital camera and while its served me well, I'm ready for an upgrade. Now, I haven't done *that* much looking around, but the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290 12 megapixel has caught my eye.

Amazon.com: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290 12 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization (Dark Blue): Camera & Photo

I've got a few spare pro duo memory sticks lying around and I really like the idea of 720p video capture, so those are some really nice bonuses. But if anyone's got a better deal they wanna point me at, I'd love to hear it. I'd say $250 is the ceiling as far as what I'm looking to spend.

Much thanks for your help, folks!

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a pretty nonchalant way of admitting that reading is for sissies and waiting for someone to fix your goofs.

i don't think a $250 digital camera counts as a toy and you posted it in Transformers General Discussion, not even the Toyark Toy Discussion.

/end rant. not gonna apologize for that.

anyway, you got the sticks, stick with Sony. As long as you have the optimum optical zoom you can get, you should really enjoy that one.

3. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

now if you're wanting something really nice from Sony though look at the HX1.. yeah its $500, way above your ceiling but I got it for mine and my wife's trip to Hawaii last month and it was great.. takes panoramic shots, 20X zoom, 1080 HD video, and a 10fps burst mode. It also has a great antiblur mode and handheld twighlight mode which gets those low light pictures really well. It also has great colors, always a trademark of sony cameras. again its your current top of the line P&S and you can't put it in your pocket but its a lot of fun to use.

oh and I think most new gadgets are toys.. expensive ones, but "toys" none the less as they are very fun to play around with, just not kid toys.

4. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I wouldn't bother with very high megapixels but good optical zoom and image stabilisation are always a good idea - how about this one?