Camaros,Camaros,Camaros,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Oct 11, 2012.

1. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Why did before I used to see Bumblebee Camaro toy with little differences(sometimes the same with different guns).Why the hell am I seeing different Camaro's all of a sudden with(I know different motors)sleek bodies,spoilers,short wheels,short bumpers and grills.Why is the same thing happening to the actual cars and toys?Stick to one model and toy and you're good.Agree or disagree?

2. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

Because things get stale, and people get bored. Something fresh is needed every 6 months or so to keep people interested; it's simple marketing.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you saying that there's a lot of variation in how movie Bumblebee figures look in their alt-mode?

But considering that even in the toyline for the first movie, there was different bumblebee figures for the old and new camaro (and even the classics mold in one set), I don't think that's the case. And even then, the various sized figures meant there was a lot of "give" in the details you mention.

Or are you asking why they bother to make new molds for him at all? To get people to buy the new toy, of course.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What?

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'm making mine as screen accurate to the first movie as I can. I've got chrome covers for my door handles, concept side markers, and have concept mirrors on their way. I want to get an SS front clip and finally, paint it the accurate House of Kolor Sunrise Yellow Pearl.

Even with all that, the door handles won't be 100% accurate and the gas cover is on the opposite side of the car (and on the side, and not chrome), plus I've taken a couple liberties with the halos and blacked out bowties with the Autobot logo.

Short answer: personal preference. You can't tell other people what their car should look like.

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What the....?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Disagree. For one, people like to have a variety of choice for how their car can be kitted out. And for second, there's already enough complaints about the same old Bumblebee toys - if it stayed exactly the same over and over it reaches a point where no-one gives a shit about buying the toy anymore. Unless maybe the robot mode is entirely different even if the alt mode isn't, which is of course unlikely.
    The 'yellow tide' is bad enough as it is. If that pissy-coloured ocean was made up of the exact same design over and over that really wouldn't help things any.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    While this is true, I do feel there are thresholds of good taste that should be observed.

Anyone who puts 'bitchin' 22 chromes' on a Ferrari for instance should immediately be shot.

11. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I personally much prefer my Battle Blade Bee over the original Concept Bee, so in that regard, I'm glad they switched him up. It's a shame that's the only time that mold was used actually. Flip-down mask, deployable weapons, bitchin' alt. mode...

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Fixed that for you.

13. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Oh dude, tell me about it. There's a guy in Bakersfield that has turned his Camaro into an abomination. It's hard to even talk about.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He has the word "Bumblebee" on about every surface of the car, including each of the 5 spokes of each wheel.

Not even sure wtf this is all about:
    [​IMG]

Then he had this for a bit:
    [​IMG]

Notice his More "That" Meets The Eye details... *groan*

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The weird thing is, you can see the makings of some nice personal touches there. I actually think the rims are nice but having the word 'Bumblebee' on them just looks ridonkulous and that utterly superfluous chrome lip on the front is just appalling.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

[​IMG]......[​IMG]

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Screen-accurate or not, the transparent Autobot symbol that you can see the engine through looks pretty neat to me.

17. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    I actually agree with you on this. That one is pretty cool looking. And in my Star Cars group we've relegated to calling it a Bumblebee "tribute" car. The only time he's been at a show with us was at the inaugural Nuke the Fridge Con at Frank & Son when we both met Mark Ryan and had him sign our cars.

18. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    random thought, after how much happened in DOTM, It would be awesome for Bee to have a more dark aggressive attitude and use his Cyberfire paint. This would be the ONLY REASON I'd be okay with a returning bee.

19. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

That is not a bad idea. Hell, if they're going to bring him back, might as well change him up enough to warrant a new design. While I'm at it, the Cyberfire design looks eerily similar to the bully's (I think his name is Vince) car from TF: Prime - why not give Bumblebee an updated, similar looking alt mode; stick with the Camaro, but give it a sort of "street" vibe with the Cyberfire paint scheme, like a hardened soldier.

Attached Files:

20. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Hey I live close to you,but wow that guy
    fucked that poor car up with a shit load of autobot logos.Man talk about 'low profile'.