Camaro Concept

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WeirdMetamorphosis, Jul 10, 2007.

1. WeirdMetamorphosis

WeirdMetamorphosis Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me when this car will be available on the market? I'm actually thinking about getting me one so I just wanted to see if anyone might know. Is is coming out in 08 or 09?

2. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Save up, it's going to be around 40-50k.

3. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Would anyone care to buy a Ford Cobra for around 40-50k?

4. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I thought they said pricing would be competitive with the Mustang, which means $20k-$30k.

5. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I heard also. I hope it's not $40=$50k. If it is my dream will be getting flushed right down the toilet. I'll have to go back to my original plan of getting a Datsun 280z.

6. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

No, I don't know. I had heard the price range from a guy who works at Chevy, but that doesn't mean crap, because no one really knows the price.
    One article I read once said 20 and up, another said 30 and up.
    It would be nice to know the truth though.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the Corvette is $44K and up, the Camaro most certainly is not, why would they have two Chevys that are the same other than specific stylings? exactly, they wouldnt'. Camaro's will most likely start as low as 22K with a 6 cyl, and guessing around 25 or so with an 8 cyl... then of course you'll have the F-body, the GTO which will be maybe a 1K more for each size, with an extra package with RAM air. And yeah, it won't be out for another year and a few months I believe.

8. 04GHOST

04GHOST Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is correct. The Camaro SS might be around $40-50 if it gets the rumored Supercharged 427 in it. The Z28 is supposed to be around the price of a Mustang GT. The Camaro is supposed to be released late next year. Im getting a Z28 (since Ive already owned 4 Z28's) but I will wait a year for them to work ot the "bugs".

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I want one too. But I am wondering like the Mustang are they horrible in the snow? What you guys think? It's probably got the same problem with the front wheel drive. My ex's Corvette was like that too.

10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I'll be buying a new car by the time the new Camaro comes out, and since I'm a Chevy guy, I've been very interested in checking it out.

I've heard too that Chevy wants to outsell the Mustang, and otherwise may not have considered producing them unless they could move them off the lot. $22-$25 thousand for your basic package sounds about right, from what I've read.

11. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    base coupe (V6) - $20k
    SS coupe (V8) - $26k
    Z28 coupe (V8) - $30k
    add $5k for convertibles

these are just my guesses, since they want to be in the same range as the Mustang. and yes, the Z28 will be the top end as opposed to the SS this time around.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Of course. First and foremost, they're sports cars, so they're not going to handle very well in snow, no matter what.

Of the two family members and three friends that I've known that have driven Camaros, all of them have lambasted the thing's snow abilities. The Camaro is a pretty evenly-spaced car in terms of weight, though; in my experience driving them, I think the Camaro handles nicely in rainy environments a bit better than the Mustang.

13. Murc

Murc Go Irish!

I really doubt the Camaro will get any form of the blown LS7, but the base LS7 alone would be more than enough to thrash the Mustang GT500, especially if they make a z06-esqe version and make it a whole lot lighter. I bet the V-6 will be about 24K, the Z/28 (with the 430 horse LS2, but that's a lot of power for such cheap car, I think the 5.b liter engine is a possibility) will be in the low-mid 30K's and if an SS comes about probably the LS7 for high 30K's mid-40K's. I would really like the Z/28 to be road racer option, with a real 5.0 liter in it :D .

14. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the camaro will debut around the same time as the challenger and will probably compete with that as well. and looking at charger prices (challenger pricing will most likely be similar), it's a gigantic window from 22-38k (depending on engine) to start. 22 gets you the basics (steering wheel, etc) and by the time you add options to a decent model, you're looking at high 30s to low 40s. and the dealer markup for the first models will be ridiculous.

i was really looking at getting a challenger when they came out, but all the cons of muscle cars have been making me think twice.

15. 04GHOST

04GHOST Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    According to GM, it has been confirmed that the Z28 WILL get the LS2. A 302 would be nice for the Z28 but as far as I know, GM no longer makes a 5.0L. I personally like the LS engines. I had the LS1 in my 98 Z28 and LOVED that motor. As far as the blown LS7 in the SS, we can hope :)  It is supposed to be the same motor going into the Corvette SS.

16. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Isn't it true, we've still yet to see what the camaro will actually look like?

All we've seen is the concept version, no?

17. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Gas and insurance are going to be an absolute nightmare....

18. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I plan on getting a 280, 260, or 240 and doing the chevy 350 conversion.

19. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Then why not just buy a car with a 350 like a Camaro? The L series motor is great.

20. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    I have the LS1 in my '02 Z28, total blast to drive. But as for motors, it's gonna go like this:
    base- 3.9L V6 (233 HP)
    SS- 5.3L V8 (303 HP)
    Z28- 6.0L V8 (400 HP) -this will be the LS2

Correct, so far only the concept, but GM has stated they want to leave the exterior pretty much unchanged from the concept. They do plan on doing some stuff to the interior.