3D Artwork: Calypso: Mercenary Parrot

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by destrongerlupus, Jan 18, 2012.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, in case anyone's been wondering where I've been of late, this is a little taste of what I'm working on.

I categorized this as "3D", but really it's a little bit 3D, a little bit digibash, a little bit animation.

Anyway, this was the first animation test that I did (err..at least the first one I'm electing to share ;) ) for the robot-parrot character from my animation, named Calypso, who, strangely enough, is based almost entirely on the vintage Convertors toy, Calypso. Go figure ;) 

[​IMG]

He's not going to actually show up for a few episodes, so I'm probably not going to expand on his rig too much yet, but I bought a brand new MOC toy to use as his model, and I HAD to get right to work as soon as it arrived!

Feedback certainly welcome :) 
    D/L

Attached Files:

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Dude, the fuck?

I think my brain melted. How the crap did you do that?

3. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Thanks! I think that's about as positive a response as I could hope for!

No magic tricks, just a lot of man-hours and a blend of techniques borrowed from stop-motion, digital art, cell animation, and other tricks from here and there.

That said, my work flow has gotten pretty tight, so this only represents probably 8-9 hours of work. But given how many characters and such I'm building, it's still a long road ahead...

Thanks so much for the kind words!

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mmm-hmm. Yup. This speaks to me. Do more! I am imagining a page filled with these typs of gifs on infinite loop just bouncing around like the world's best screensaver.

5. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Oh there's a LOT more coming.

I'm slowly by slowing producing a super-robot animated web-series. Calypso here is actually the 7th character that I've rigged and animated so far (If you look hard enough, there's a video of a "Stealth Spider" floating around the boards as well)

I DO like these animated gifs as a way to share the character designs while also showing off a little bit of the animated-personality, so I think I'll definitely keep sharing in this format.

I think the next on my to-do list is to create and share a .gif of the transformation sequence of one of my main protagonists.

Anyway though, I'm VERY appreciative of the feedback and support, so glad you like the widdle-birdie!

D/L

6. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Added a thumbnail now that the world is back to normal :)