Calling All Photographers! TFW2005 Wants You To Join The Staff!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Dec 12, 2006.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Love taking pictures of Transformers? Want to help in contributing to the Internet's best Transformers fan site and ever growing collection of Transformers toy galleries? Well now's your chance. We are asking those interested in helping TFW in our quest in our continuing effort in bringing the fandom the best of all things Transformers in helping us expand our gallery section.

Any TFW members interested in submitting photoshoots and gallery's to expand our gallery section, please feel free to submit a sample of your work to TFW staff members REDLINE or myself. From there we will work with those interested to help add to this every growing section of TFW2005.

Please note all photographs must be consistent with current galleries.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Soon as I can get some new freaking lights, hopefully!

3. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    If Christmas goes as planned, definitely.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possibly can do once I get back to my collection in January...

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Note: CDNShockwave is disqualified automatically since we can't have BOTH him and Soundwave.ca on the staff. That would simply make the world end. :lol 

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

id love to, but I stink lol. I only have a digital camera and limited editing software. I still love taking pictures though. They are just plain.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If I get the tent and lights I asked for, for Christmas I’ll be all over it. And if I don’t get them then wait a few weeks and I’ll buy them my self.

8. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I would love to, as soon as I get the equipement (lights)

9. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I might try. I don't have many G1 toys though. Mostly newer stuff. Does it need to be an all white shoot like most of the toy galleries here?

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, white backgrounds are required to be consistent with our current galleries.

11. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd help if someone sends me the toys to photograph...:p  I can't guarantee any returns though...

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    high quality super-white pictures are all we're really asking. you can look at any of the current galleries to see what types of pictures are typical (angles, modes, comparisons, etc). As far as what you have... all you need to do is look through the gallery and look for the ones you own and see if there are any that you have that havn't been shot yet. It doesn't matter how new it is, considering there's only three of us really working on the gallery there's a high chance there's a toy we don't have as we can't afford every single TF that gets produced(not to say we wouldn't LIKE to :lol  )

Andy

13. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

I'd love to, but I never know when I'd be able to. After all, you guys have seen how often I get to put pics up in "Cool Stuff" :redface2: 

I will, OF COURSE, look forward to seeing all of yours, though :thumb 

Have fun!!!

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I like taking pics and I got LOTS 'o toys, and a Canon 6MP cam, but my lighting needs serious work. I'm currently using 10 reveal 60watt bulbs, and I get pinkish hue in the whiteboard :banghead: 

Can someone recommend what lights/wattage etc you need?

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    My camera is only a 3.3 megapixel, but with the proper lighting, it takes pretty decent pics. I'll see what I can come up with for you guys.

16. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Sounds to me like your brightness is fine. The pink background most likely is the white balance settings on your camera. Tinker with those and see what happens.

I tell you two what, PM me with the figures that you own that aren't displayed in our gallery, and I'll tell you what isn't in the gallery yet that's already on our to-do list.

17. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

With all due respect and appreciation for the work done in creating and updating the gallery, could I suggest that photographers double-check their figure's transformation? Some elements are personal choice and interpretation, however there are some common, well, errors really, that can be spotted in galleries across various sites. BTW, not all of these actually appear in the TFW2005 gallery, although some do.

eg: the rotation of the shin/thigh panels in the robot mode for the Alt Dodge Ram figures; locking of the chest/hood into the pectoral panels for bot mode on the Alt Ford GTs; rotation of the Alt Jeep toes/rear bumper in bot mode; collapse and anchoring of Alt Skids' roof/tailgate/backpack (bot mode).

In terms of comparison shots, could I also suggest a few possibilities? These would obviously be dependent on figure availability:

* Generational: comparison with other incarnations of, and homages to, a character, esp. compared to G1, eg: Energon Roadblock & G1 Grapple, Cybertron and G1 Blurr.
    * Mold-twins: eg: Armada Sideswipe and Cybertron Runamuck.
    * Team-mates: not just sub-groups (eg: the Dinobots) and linkers (eg: RiD Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus) but also other partnerships such as G1 Inferno and Red Alert, G1 Wheeljack and Ratchet, the Cybertron Defense Team.
    * Rivals: Optimus Prime/al vs Megatron/Galvatron are obvious, but others such as Cybertron Jetfire vs Thundercracker, Cybertron Landmine vs Mudflap.

>A<

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I always do comparison shots if I am able to.

19. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I worked out my issues and have made my first gallery for your consideration: G1 Mirage

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=979254

LMK if this is the type of stuff you need.

As far as toys go, I have everything '84-87 including mail-aways and most of '88 (HM juniors and TM juniors) You seem to be mostly in need of the Headmasters and Targetmasters. I can do those no problem. And I can also fill in the gaps of G1 you are missing.

So if you need me, I can commit to 1-3 galleries a week, possibly more depending on my schedule.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys, if you want to help contribute to the galleries it’s probably better just to directly PM REDLINE and or myself (or both).