Calling All Photographers! Help Needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starscream600, May 5, 2012.

1. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

I do digital and film photography, but I'm in need of film with higher ISO than the commonly available ISO-200 and ISO-400 films. Any tips on where I can find em'?

I use a Nikon FE2 if anyone wants to know, I'm old skool yo! :lol 

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    You will have to go online, unless there is a camera store nearby that has really good stock and caters to a large amount of people.

You can still get Fujicolor superia 1600 online for like 10 bucks or so, as well as Kodak Portra 800.
    You'll just have to shop around a bit, but film is still extremely strong for many photographers (National Geographic), so you'll find it.

Anyways, good luck.

3. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Yeah, Nat Geo's photographers are the pros when it comes to photography. They take weeks just to fricking process and tweak a perfect shot. Um, just another question, which lens do you use to photograph TFs? I use a EF 50mm Macro lens and occasionally a EF 15mm Fisheye. For other photography, I just use a EF 24-105mm USM. But all the lenses are rented cos I'm not excatly made of money. I was thinking of getting the 5D Mark II to replace my old 500D... Don't know if I should buy it tho...

4. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I use a 70-200 2.8 OS, and a little D5000.

I'm going to upgrade to the D7000 soon.

The 5DII is pretty good when it comes to the images, and the AF coming from the 500D will be slight improvement, but the 7D is where it's at for the AF system. And also, it's pretty well priced compared to even a used 5DII. Both have magical video as well.

If you can get a 70-200 for a decent price, do so. The IS II is expensive, but the f/4 L is decent price and the non-IS lens is also fair for how well it performs.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you can find some kodachrome (and someone who can process it for you), you will not regret it. It's nearly impossible to get both of those, these days, however.

6. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    There is a place near where I live that has a tendency to get in A LOT of film some at ISO 800. If ya want, I can check and mail ya off some.

7. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    If you are looking for black and white film, you can never go wrong with Ilford. If memory serves, they've got a couple of ISO 400s and a 3200 in their lineup.