Calling all owners of eHobby reissue Ironhide/Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladine, May 24, 2011.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I just purchased each from eBay for a very good price. I noticed however that the tape seemed to be double/triple/quadruple taped! The tape itself looks OK, the same transparency was used and it seems natural.

I was wondering if anybody else had a MISB copy and could verify how yours was taped?

I'm not sure if mine were opened and then resealed by the seller.

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Looking at the box face on, my Ratchet's single taped on the left side, double taped on the right side. The box is heat sealed in a baggy with a sticker on it saying C1221P0024, C-99 Ratchet, and a barcode. I don't know if he originally came in the baggy or if he was put in the baggy by BBTS, where I got him from.

Some of the collector's editions/e-hobby releases did have more than one tape on a side as the boxes were sealed before all the contents (cards, posters etc.) were added. There's a list somewhere of which came double-taped, but I'm buggered if I can remember where.

3. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

Many of the e hobby reissues are double taped but this also causes many people to reseal them. You have to check the side flaps where they meet the box to see if they have been opened. I have many of these two items and some are single taped and some double taped