Calling all computer nerds...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sixshot, May 14, 2006.

1. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    K guys I have a question. Slowly I've been building up my custom pc, right now it consists of:

ASRock 939 Dual-SATA2 Mobo
    3700 AMD Athlon San Diego Processor
    2 gigs of ddr400 RAM, running dual channel
    GeForce 5900 AGP 128 meg card (hopefully gonna upgrade to something else soon)
    AND a new SATAII 250 gig WD Caviar HD

My old hd was an ide... I opted to get a SATA drive, since my mobo supports it. Must I do a fresh install of XP along with my SATA drivers to get the performance I want out of it? I ask because it lists it as a SCSI device, and also hits me with a notification on my taskbar that I can safetly eject my device. It makes me think XP isn't recognizing and utilizing it as it should. Any one have any thoughts? SATA is a little new to me.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Weed makes not for optimal computer setups.

Try this.

http://www.tweakhound.com/reviews/tunexp/index.htm

EDIT: I was super drunk when I posted that, sorry. That program probably won't help your problem, but it's still worth checking out.

3. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Okay, I know this sounds stupid, and I, in no way, mean to insult you, but it's a silly mistake I've made in the past: Are the settings right in the BIOS? I know I completely forgot to change the BIOS settings when I installed a second hard drive last time, and Windows recognized it, but recognized it wrong. Once I changed the BIOS settings everything fell into place. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Aren't SATA drives supposed to be recognized as SCSI in xp? I am pretty sure mine is.