Minor/Repaint: (called off) Cybertron Primal Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by gargunkle, Aug 27, 2009.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I started with a Cybertron Prime, dyed him black, and then started dry brushing in an attempt to make a Primal Prime homage. Unfortunately, I don't really care for the results, so I think this one is going to be scrapped... but I still thought I might see what input I could get.

Thinking back to when I painted minis, drybrushing was never my strong suit :( 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I think you should keep going, from what I can see, you have a very weathered, very ancient look to him coming out. Since PP came from ancient times, I think the look suits him.

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    If Primal Prime would have a cybertronian mode you should remove all the fur of the mold. You could either fill it up with some bondo or sand it off. Ad some metallic looking detail and paint it up in some vibrant colors. I think it would be awesome!

iDD

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Yeah, that would be cool but way more work I am willing to put into it. :)  I have decided to go in a direction more like the other custom paint job for this figure that's been on the board in the last few days.

5. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I kinda like what you've done. That inner framework that everything attaches to is a nightmare to paint so dyeing him helps sort out some of the paint wear problems I encountered on mine, especially on the ball joints. I think you should've painted a solid base on top of the dyed plastic since that sort of gives the drybrushed paint something to grab on to.

You could still go the drybrushing route, but wipe more paint off than you normally do. It'll take a bit longer, but it should give you a smoother result. Another drybrushing suggestion is to avoid fully dipping the brush in your paint- just touch the brush to surface of the paint and let the bristles suck up just a bit at a time. Whatever you choose to do, keep us posted!

6. Dessolock

Dessolock Prototype

Finish It!!