Call of Duty possibly getting "Pay to Play" membership

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. 100% this. I already feel a little ripped off when I pay full price for a game and end up never touching the multiplayer parts. The whole point of paying for Xbox Live was to have this kind of service available. When this goes in effect, paying for the actual game only really amounts to the single player content, which has been truly lackluster with most games that feature a strong online experience.

This current generation has already found new and exciting ways to allow companies to "Nickel and dime" us, and I don't really see the NEED for this. I would like to think they're gonna lose customers this way, but I HIGHLY doubt it couldn't be made up for by all the subscription fees.

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    should we start an activision boycott thread?

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say boycott all of Activision...just boycott the part you disagree with to make the point....

Boycott everything and Kotick can say "Well, we didn't get as many subscriptions as we had hoped, but overall sales were down so that explans it"

Boycott just the subscriptions and it eliminates that excuse (and doesn't hurt the people making good games that really don't deserve the wrath...) it just becomes "subscriptions weren't what we had hoped" and hopefully the plan gets shelved.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

as much as people will complain about it, people will still go out and buy this and pay this...and sadly, this will lead other companies to follow.