Call me crazy....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Jul 8, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Now this is obviously pure speculation. Is there even the slightest chance that maybe, just maybe, that hastak is in some way behind one of these 3rd party companies? If not, is it a possibility that it could happen in the future? I would think its beneficial to hastak to do so. Think about it, instead of legally go after these guys which would cost a lot of money and time at this point, why not compete under the banner of another 3rd party company? You can snuff out competition by making it better, faster and cheaper and make some money while doing this.

MT devy brought this to mind. We already know the company's background but what if? I mean, out of nowhere there is this almost complete devy that obviously is better IMO, probably cheaper and looks better put together than the competition. There are multiple powerglide and seaspray homages as well. Before all the experts here chime in with what you think are the facts, i didn't post this thread as an argument but as a hypothetical situation.

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Oh and please save the legal discussions for the other 10000 3rd party threads that got ruined by those discussions. Please read my post carefully and stick to the topic. Please.

3. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, you're crazy.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You mean, what if HasTak creates their own "Third Party" company? I feel some toy developers from TakTom might enjoy the opportunity to create something without as many as restrictions (budget, ages 5+ safety standard etc), but realistically I should think it's impossible. As corporations is must be impossible to work around some safety standards, and as individuals they'll risk their job.

In a way TakTom already does the similar thing when they release their Japan only, highly fragile or intricate Transformers aimed at adult collectors.

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

i thought of the same thing dude. i'm not surprised if these are employee or even ex-employees. the latter seems more likely. just like FP they can create another company give it name and set different goals.

kinda like capcom's SF and SNK's KOF. lol

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Any third party company is not affiliated with HasTak
    Therefore, you are :crazy: 

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Question: If HasTak had a puppet "third party" group, would they be obligated to disclose that fact?

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Yep, you're.........

Okay, granted, it's a wild speculation, but technically speaking, since it's been known for individuals with talent to actually get jobs at Hasbro based on their work, it's possible, however, extraordinarily unlikely that Hasbro would go behind their own back. The problem has to do with Takara and in effect, the restrictions behind selling children's toys in the US. There's a standard that has to be met, and regardless of whether or not they were labeled as collectors figures for adults, it would still cause a major suit if there was an issue.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think there is a limit on crazy and since I'm considered crazy you might not be able to take crazy for yourself.

I think it's fairly unlikely that Hasbro or TakTom has some secret department that disguises itself as a 3rd party company. If they really wanted to do something like that it seems like they could start their own collectors only line of official figures because most people have to order online anyway or find a specialty shop to buy 3rd party products.

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

No. The $$ in that market is not really worth too much of their time.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You are crazy.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You're crazy.

Hasbro does far more than just Transformers, far more to care or give any amount of focus to side ventures that won't be marketed to the mass public.

And as if TakaraTomy wasn't already collector-driven, they have Toy Hobby Market and work with e-Hobby for even more collector-specific merchandise.

13. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ive always thought that

14. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro is a publicly traded company. Just look up their last annual report (or most recent 10-Q). Any activity like that would be discussed there.

15. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Crazy. No company would take that kind of legal risk.

It would be more plausible for some designers or other employees/ex-employees to be moonlighting, or slipping some designs and/or hints over to the "third party" groups, but it would have to be done with absolutely no knowledge by their supervisors. If there were *any* kind of relationship with Hasbro or TT, no matter how secret, their lawyers would be going ballistic - the eye-bulging, slack-jawed, apeshit "WTF-are-you-doing" kind of ballistic. Even the scenario I mentioned is borderline crazy, because it would probably mean that any current employee doing that is taking a huge employment and legal risk.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I dunno if HasTakTo is directly related but if you read enough threads, listen to enough insiders and catch their slips and hints, you can see that that there is a connection. At least on the TT side of things.

17. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right, so is it possible that Has Tak is behind one of the 3:rd party companies? It doesn't go against any laws of physics, so therefore it is possible, but I would say the odds are about the same as you bumping in to Madonna, Lady gaga & Jay Leno on your way to the bathroom after waking up in the morning...it COULD happen, but it's not likely to.

Going after them isn't a matter of cost, it's a matter of not being able to since they are based in China, would it make sense to set up an illegal counterfeiting (KO) operation or base your entire busines idea on intellectual property theft?

I'd say that it'snot likely because A) There's not enough money in it and B) It's too risky, if it was exposed the stock would plummit.

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are only the american annual reports though, you would have to go through all Nationalized annual reports to get the full picture.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

So... any of these "slips and hints" you can post?

20. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'd imagine some employees doing it in secret, or maybe ex-employees.