California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

There was 1 in the Lodi Walmart roughly 3 weeks ago, but none restocked as of yesterday. So he has been on shelves.

2. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find Leader Optimus or Rodimus? I’m staying in Santa Monica for a couple of days. Tried Target on Jefferson & Walmart in Burbank. No joy. Any ideas?

3. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have there been any sightings of the Wave 2 Prime Masters in OC?

4. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Is the one in fullerton closing? Im outta town at the moment so cant checl myself

5. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's a total liquidation. All stores are going.

6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I haven't seen them in the area for a while (about a month, they sold out quick), though I'm about 40 minutes (with traffic, because they're always traffic) away from Santa Monica so take my words with a grain of salt. Toysrus claims that there's none in the area but you can doublecheck. Targets usually stock better than Walmart but even then its a crapshoot. The only place I've seen him recently is Cape and Cowls but that's down in Fountain Valley and you'd have to be on the freeway for like an hour and a half both ways. If you do decide to go down there, I'd call him first (Cape and Cowl Collectibles) to make sure he's still got them and at what price (I think it was $50 to $55). If I see him away else today, I'll let you know.

7. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Current rumor is Toys R Us corporate is saying "slag it" and just shutting everything down soon.

I went to Toys R Us recently and there was no effort to try and salvage their situation, the selection was still abysmal tons of old crap that should have been clearanced sooner. Stuff on sale at mark up so the sale price looks like retail. You think they'd stop that, but nope.avi

I feel really bad for the people who worked at Toys R Us for a long time or any of the toy companies that only have their product at Toys R Us mostly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could try Target at La Brea and Santa Monica in West Hollywood but the selection in LA is pretty grim right now.

9. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    What kind of old crap though? Like Combiner Wars old cuz I remember seeing CW figures that should've been sold a while back.

10. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally found Roadtrap today in Ventura, but no Tailgate or Battleslash. No Rodimus Unicronus yet in my area either.

11. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just dumb crap like shelf warming Star Wars from the Force Awakens, 2017 Movie Power Rangers, etc. TF wise here isn't too severely backlogged.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Dang that really is sad to hear cause that particular toys r us just added the collectors section for stuff like SH figuarts and what not. Another part of our childhoods dashed. :/

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toys R Us was deep in debt since 2000, it's amazing they stayed around this long because there aren't any other big toy stores around left.

• Like Like x 1
  14. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

Nothing going on at Natomas Walmart and Target :p 

Any other Star Wars collectors here? Seems like we are in a dry spell for new figures but if anyone ever comes across Black Series Captain Rex please let me know.

15. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Still nothing at Folsom, Orangevale, Citrus Heights or Rancho Cordova Wal-Marts. This is getting annoying.

16. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    From what I hear, Rex will be out next month along with Tarkin. You may see him early as he was supposed to come out with Jedi training Rey and DJ, and those two are springing up (at least online and at small toy stores).

17. TFfanSean

TFfanSean Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, this wave of Black series figures in particular suffers the fate of being released close to the launch of the merchandise for the next Star Wars movie (Solo: A Star Wars Story). The Rex/Rey/DJ wave was actually released in late January/early February, but with distribution the way it is not surprising to see that the wave has yet to hit in most places. People have been lucky enough to find Rey, DJ, and even Rex in stores like Target and TRU since February when they started to hit. It also doesn't help that Captain Rex is easily the most popular figure of the wave. I managed to find the entire wave minus Rex at my local Target back in February, I did get Rey and DJ though. Unfortunately Rex is not apart of the next wave of Black Series figures set to be released April 20th. That wave consists of Han, Lando, Range Trooper, Tarkin, and repacks of the Death Star Trooper and the Jawa. As of right now, as far as I know, there are no plans to rerelease Captain Rex in any future wave.

18. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    While that is true, I found that some of the stores got in pure cases of Rey and DJ instead of the whole wave. It's kind of hit and miss as I know of some stores that DID get the wave in, but the restocks for the wave will for sure be out there eventually. After all, the "classic" Black Series wave with the Tuskin Raider was available briefly before a movie, and then a few months passed and it hit store shelves again. Rex is sold in pure cases (assuming Hasbro doesn't cancel them) so he should be out again next month. Though from looking at preorders from around the internet, they seem to think it'll be more around May. Basically, you'll see him again. And a preorder for him seems to range from $30-$40 if you don't want to risk missing out on him.

19. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

Yes I have had my ear to the ground here, Rebelscum and Reddit so I know when and where he has been found and yes I know Solo launches soon but all online etailers have that wave coming next month which means that wave is likely to start hitting stores en masse soon. Lots of places have him available to pre-order so if it comes down to it I will do that but would rather grab him from a store since I have some gift cards, if at all possible.

20. PrimeMyk

PrimeMyk Well-Known Member

One Elita 1 and Hun-gurr at Walmart on lone tree way in Antioch