c717905's Collection II- Twice as much fun

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Sentinel, May 16, 2007.

1. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Excellent. I would love to see those pics in here.

I have everything in place now. Lots of detail pics coming soon. Oh and I did a rough count of how many more figures I have been able to put on display that had been in storage and I think it is 150 or so (plus I can now spread most everything out quite a bit).

2. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Just finished assembling it...now time to fill it up!

[​IMG]

3. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Congrats!

4. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Very nice, now fill it up and take even more pics!!! Seriously, I am glad that you came over to the display case side, mu hahaha.

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

6. Scottimus Prime

Scottimus Prime Well-Known Member

Very nice!

7. Sentinel

News Credits:
    A couple of recent additions, and a story.

I cut and pasted this from the Sightings forum:

Thanks to Alphie, I scored both a Leader Prime and Megatron just 5 mins ago. I walked into the aisle of the LS Target and there was Prime just sitting there. Then up walks a couple carrying what I thought was the other Prime, but lo and behold it is Megatron. The husband puts him down so I casually ask, "um are you gonna get that?" to which they respond, "no, it is ringing up at $45, we are going to wait", so I ask if they mind if I get it and when they say "go ahead", he is then mine, muh hahaha. Anyway, we strike up a conversation and as soon as she said she collects TFs oddities, I knew it was Alphie. Anyway, long story, but I now have both Leader Prime and Megs thanks to Alphie, the fact that my girlfriend wanted to pick up some food from the store and what was probably a mistake by a stocker.

Oh and those were the only ones there, although they had all the wave 1 basics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture is missing a broken Bumblebee, but I have another coming from HTS sometime after the 2nd.

Update:
    Prime is awesome and completely rock solid in both modes. Fun transformation and pretty good articulation. He also doesn't look as boxy in person as in pics. Best Prime in many many many years. Get him and get him now.

Megs is pretty good in bot mode and total junk in alt mode. I think I may have strained his feet when I was transforming him b/c now it kinda hangs loose a bit. The instructions (yes, I had to resort to the inst to transform him) are nearly worthless. They aren't clear in more than one place and I think contributed to me almost breaking him. I will say that the colors work better in person than in pics. The "red" flames/blades/whatever really are pink though, but it is passably acceptable. I still would recommend getting Megs b/c he is Megs, but as a TF, he really isn't all that great.

8. Sentinel

News Credits:
    One more teaser pic before I start doing the entire updated collection in detail.

[​IMG]

9. ForeverYoung

ForeverYoung Active Member

I dig the larger display cases. It looks clean even though they are full full full! Congrats on a good set up! Too many people have great collections but suffer from a lack of presentation imo.

10. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I have all plans to do the same thing in a couple of years i want a seperate room to put the Transformers in.

11. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ok, so I am finally done putting everything where it is supposed to be.

One last teaser pic before I upload all the detail pics later tonight (most of them are taken I just need to take a few more and then post them).

[​IMG]

Ok, so I lied, here are some more pics. These were all taken w/ a flash obviously, so you can see in a bit more detail (but I hate how pics w/ flash turn out, even if you can see more clearly). It is amazing how a bunch of bots just kind of magically appear on camera when you turn the flash on. Either way, I still like the ambiance when it is just the spotlight and the lights from the cases.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shelf by shelf shots coming next....

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome. the lights on those rule!

That's how I roll, too. I just need a couple more. And $800 is not bad, really. I paid $1200 for this one:

[​IMG]

I got this one from my sister for only $200. Not nearly as nice, but it does the job.

[​IMG]

13. Sentinel

News Credits:
    That is really really nice.

That is quite the collection sir and you seem to have a lot of really good figures. All kinds of G1 goodness.

Oh how I do love display cases...

14. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Let's start w/ G1 and work our way up.

1984:
    Complete w/ all figures released in the US. Wheeljack in particular is almost pristine. Prime and Megs are in great condition as well.
    [​IMG]

'84 Autobots
    Seriously, check out Wheeljack
    [​IMG]

'84 Decepticons
    Starscream is the Takara reissue and he replaced my crappy original SS.
    [​IMG]

15. Sentinel

News Credits:
    1985:
    Complete w/ all US releases, except for the mail-away Powerdashers
    [​IMG]

'85 Autobots
    Omega Supreme is absolutely flawless. I got him MIB w/ unapplied stickers (which I then carefully applied). All the electronics work great. Grimlock is also in fantastic condition. Jetfire was the first G1 bot I purchased once I got into collecting. I paid way too much, but he was worth it.
    [​IMG]

'85 Decepticons
    Shockwave's hose is in excellent condition w/ no deterioration. His electronics work great and are very loud and annoying. Devastator is one of my favorites and looks great as well. Same w/ Blitzwing. I love tanks, and I love triplechangers. What's not to like about that guy?
    [​IMG]

16. Sentinel

News Credits:
    1986:
    Again, complete w/ all US releases (it took a long time to do that).
    [​IMG]

'86 Autobots
    Sky Lynx works just fine and is in great shape w/ almost no yellowing. Ultra Magnus is the nicer rubber wheels and painted face version, which I strongly prefer (I have the other version if anyone is interested).
    [​IMG]

'86 Decepticons
    Predaking is a reissue, but I got a great price. I haven't put the stickers on yet for some reason. Gnaw took me a long time to get for a good price, but he is complete w/ the hard to find tail/mace. Reflector is in awesome shape and was a steal from another collector. Another one of my favorites. Galvatron is in good shape but w/ some major sticker wear. I might need to visit reprolabels.com. His electronics work great and are even more annoying than Shockwave's.
    [​IMG]

17. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice

18. Sentinel

News Credits:
    '85 and '86 Citybots
    I do love these guys. All are complete or 99% complete w/ maybe one small gun missing. They are all in fantastic shape w/ Fort Max having no yellowing at all, but 2 misplaced stickers on his feet. Otherwise, he is perfect.
    [​IMG]

19. Sentinel

News Credits:
    1987-88:
    This one is a little more sparse as I am slowly (very slowly) adding to it.
    [​IMG]

'87-'88 Autobots
    Not really much of note here, but Computron is complete and in pretty good shape.
    [​IMG]

'87-'88 Decepticons
    I have a few choice pieces here, namely my Dreadwind and Darkwing, which are in great condition, but missing one gun. Sixshot is in pretty good condition and Snapdragon is in really good condition and complete.
    [​IMG]

20. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

that is pretty nice, is the laptop there to provide more information about the items in the cases?