C2E2 Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lady Autocon, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

Hey my work decided to give me the 14th off which is the day my friend and I are planing on going to c2e2 I dont want to pay for food because I know how much just a simple water bottle can be in Chicago so here's my question.....are you allowed to bring a packed lunch? Ill buy my dinner but lunch I just was going to make something simple just to get me through and a water. Anyone know?

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. Just bring your backpack or bag and stow it in there. The McDonald's downstairs is quite affordable but can get packed. Last year me and a friend and his wife went to Jimmy Johns a couple blocks away and it was pretty average priced. The pier is where crap is overpriced (like parking).

There is also a pizzeria that is mid priced that sits across from the McDs.

If I could I'd hit up a chi town pizzeria or hot dog joint regardless of price cause it's freakin chicago! :D  but overall pricing isn't really bad and yes you can bring in some cold food.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    yes you can. And you should. There's really no place really close to the con center to eat except the McDs. I usually walk about 5-10 minutes to this little italian place by State St.

I'll be working artist alley and have planned for this show, NYCC, Wizard, Celebration 2 and 3. If you have any questions, let me know. A great con results from being prepared. Also, I highly recommend Around Comics podcast ep 122. It's a great "do's and don't" of going to a convention.

Ep. 122 – Comics 101: Conventions | Around Comics

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what is c2e2?

5. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

Ok great!!!! Thanks!!! Its my first time going to C2E2 so I was just curious and trying to save some money lol. Ive gone to ACen for 5 times and never to any other con so this is a new one to me. I soooo wanna dress up as pinkie pie XDDDDDD but ill just dress up in my Boo shirt.

6. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I'll be hanging around AA with a few buds and maybe sitting at a few tables. Been going since it started (prefer the other hall they had the first year). Fun Con. Who're you, maybe I'll stop by and check out the goods. :) 

BTW, the itailian place, do you know the name offhand? I'd like to take my fiance somewhere that screams chicago but I don't want to wander too far from McCormick.

8. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I'll prolly be there on Fri after it opens at noon.

Only day I can pop in due to work.

Good times last time I was there

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    The wife and I will be there for the Retailer Summit then sticking around for at least Saturday :) 

10. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Unfortunately I do not. It's not at all fancy but a nice place to get something besides con food. But to get there, go north outside the giant front waterfall and follow street as it makes the bend to go west. Then head to the block past State St and it's on the south side of the street. If you hit the train overpass, you've gone to far.

And I'll be working with Dan Khanna so he can operate the table and get work done at the same time.