Minor/Repaint: C Rumble and Frenzy from Scrapmetal

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, May 3, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I need space on my workbench so decided to take some photos and show them off before they get put away.

Just for clarification :RIBFIR

I hated the head that Scrapmetal had but loved the toy design.

Frenzy hasn't had very many changes. New head, hands, modified the gun and a small paint application. I drilled out the center of the gun, so light would shine thru, but I couldn't get it to light up, much, even with a laser pointer. The head is from E Duststorm. The hands were added mainly to give a wrist joint so he could bend his elbow and his hand would be in the correct position.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Rumble has a new laser, new head, hands and a new body color. The gun is from Walmart. It has a blue LED and you can have it flash slow, fast, or steady on. The barrel is from one of the RID Railracer toys. The head is from E Barricade minus his earmuffs.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the added paint application. I thought the mold details looked a little like the tape reels so I added the yellow paint. You can also see the modification to Frenzys gun. It is now, push button, activated and the back end is smaller.
    [​IMG]

Not the best picture but the hands still fit inside the ground pounders/alt legs
    [​IMG]

The origonal Rumble was more blue than Frenzy was red but I liked the yellow/red paint app. of the toys and just painted the yellow, white, and then used transparent blue, over it. I had problems with the cockpit yellow. Yellow and blue make green but I thought yellow and green made blue. I applied Transparent green first and then transparent blue over it but it still came out green. It doesn't show TOO much in the photos but at least I tried.
    [​IMG]

All comments appreciated but I really like the praises, best. Thanks.

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    why not turn the head and legs around and swap the arms? that way you get the cassette look with the yellow you painted

3. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Thats not a bad idea but I just wanted to add it as a homage to their cassette modes. I'll try taking a picture and see how it looks.

Edit:I didn't like it. It has the holes on either side of the chest so I didn't try switching the hands. You can judge for yourself.
    [​IMG]

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Good job man. I like Rumble's head the most, but both look good