C.O.P.S.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ioz, May 3, 2010.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I loved this show as a kid, and I think it's highly underrated (as is M.A.S.K., Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and Silverhawks). The animation is great, the stories are good, the characters are cool . . . . but I never got into the toys. They seem cool enough, and I'd certainly like to see them "updated" as many other properties have gotten. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ioz

Ioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A complete series C.O.P.S. DVD set is coming out this year and includes a digital copy on Mill Creek's digital service:
    C.O.P.S. DVD news: Announcement for The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

The whole series was released on DVD in two volumes previously by Mill Creek. I've been watching the show again lately with my two sons and they enjoy it.

Anybody have any favorite episodes?

Some of mine:

The Case of C.O.P.S. File #1 Parts 1 & 2 - These episodes tell the origin of the the C.O.P.S. team.

"The Case of The Criminal Games" - It has the introduction of Wave 2 toys Hyena, Bullit, and Louie the Plumber.

"The Case of Mace's Romance" and "The Case of The Lawless Lady" - These episodes show Mace & Nightshade's relationship.

COPS (animated TV series) - Wikipedia

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warning to people who are hyper PC and get butthurt over non-PC stuff.

My funniest COPS memory is what my friend's wife thought a character's name was (Mainframe - the IT girl). We were over there watching a bunch of episodes and we said something about the character and the wife then said she thought the character's name was 'Daterape'. I don't think we stopped laughing for 5 minutes. I have no idea why she thought that was her name considering it is a kid's cartoon. Pretty sure even an adult show wouldn't give a character a name like Daterape. Needless to say, the rest of the night, many jokes were made.

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Maybe she thought her name was Database but was just recovering from a Law & Order binge :p 

Seriously I'm curious as to how she came to that conclusion though.

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

This on all counts. And gotta love the "It's crime fightin' time!" line :D