C-06 Henkei Skyfire Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by G1Wheeljack, Jul 29, 2008.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my first pictoral so sorry if the pics aren't that good.
    Look what came in the mail today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This guy is really sweet, so let's open him up & see some pics!

FREEDOM!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SUPER MODE!!(Insert Cybertron stock footage transformation music here)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comparison to Universe Powerglide:
    [​IMG]

BFFUGW(Best Friends Forever Unitl the Great War)
    [​IMG]

Alt. Mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Autobot Air Force:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really like this guy and reccomend him to anyone without the mold or who likes Skyfire. I give him a B+

Hope you enjoyed!:thumbs2: 

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Nice pics. Red visor and clear missles. Not bad

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tempted to get him. If I do I'll swap the chrome engines with the regular ones...

4. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plan to swap boosters with my jetfire, replace the blue under his head with the black from jetfire and maybe swap out the nose cones. After that I think it would be perfect.

5. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I got mine on Monday. I've always really liked this mold. The paint apps are real good, looks just like the G1 cartoon. The clear blue(eyes and cockpit) is a lot lighter on this one compared to the Hasbro version.
    My only real complaint: The chrome parts really don't mesh well here IMO, would have much rather have them just been black in color.

6. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    After playing with him a bit, I think there might be a slight remold on Henkie Skyfire. His feet now have an automorph gimmick in which there are gears so when one part of the foot moves, so does the other. Unfortunatley I don't have the original, can anyone with the Classics version confirm whether or not it has gears in the feet?

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the pictures, I am planning on getting this next month if I can budget it. I have the classics one already but I really want this repaint.

8. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    It's really nice, you'll love it if you decide to get it. btw, can you answer my question?

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will check it out when I get home tonight. I think that it does but I wouldn't bet on it.

10. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Thanks, if it is a remold i'll post a pic of it.

11. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Hasbro is the same on the feet, pull one and the other moves. Mine is.

12. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    k, thanks

13. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Hmmm...cartoon accurate, but too much white. Sticking with the original.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Skyfire

Got mine today and am uploading the pics and comparison to treadbolt now.

REVIEW,

The love and detail that went into this version is well worth the money.

The main key upgrades

clear missiles
    new red visor battlemask
    new painted silver/grey face and G1 deco
    chrome boosters
    The tech card,comic and boxart are top notch:thumb 

summary,
    well worth the price and a great addition to the classics/henkei line.The only minor irk i have is the blue spot on the top of the plane mode/chin but it is minor.
    PICS,

BOX ART
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BOT MODE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JET MODE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    COMPARISONS TO CLASSICS 2.0 TREADBOLT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    *whimpers*

I am such a sucker for this mold. I am going to have to try very hard to not buy Skyfire.

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i got this figure too, and i really LOVE it...i'd post pics of it, but there's plenty here, nothing i can really add...just wanted to say i love it :D  i dont own jetfire, but i like this for its cartoon accuracy, and basically for giving us a real skyfire...cheers

17. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can someone post a comparison with Classics Jetfire

18. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pics, click on the image above

Prelude: Skyfire is the Japanese version of Classics Jetfire, for whom I’ve already written a review. That was more than four years ago, though, so I’m in the mood for another go. The main focus will be on the differences between the two figures, though.

Robot Mode: There are several different ways to configure Skyfire’s robot mode, depending on which add-on parts you attach. In his ‘naked’ robot mode he strongly resembles the character we saw in the G1 cartoon series, complete with humanoid face. The differences to the Classic version consist of less red on the torso, different markings on the wings, a smaller cockpit window to more strongly resemble the look of the cartoon character, as well as blue highlights on the head and collar. Skyfire has pretty much the full range of posability, though his feet don’t really lend themselves to dynamic poses all that much. Still, no restrictions here.

Attaching the big booster rucksack, as well as his various weapons and, most importantly, his helmet, brings Skyfire very close to the look of the original G1 toy, which was based on the Robotech Valkyrie Fighter. He now sports a double rifle in his hand (which can split into two smaller rifles), missile launchers on his arms, and two big cannons that can flip out from his red booster rockets. His helmet also features two double-barreled guns as ‘ears’. The only downside of the added bulk is that he’s now prone to toppling over backwards unless you either lean him forward a bit or flip out his big booster rocket guns and point them forward. Apart from that he retains his full range of motion. The only added differences between the Classics and Henkei version in this ‘Super Mode’ are that Jetfire has blue missiles to Skyfire’s clear ones and that Jetfire’s helmet visor is blue instead of Skyfire’s red.

The Jetfire/Skyfire mold has a superb robot mode with many sensible add-ons that improve the figure instead of cluttering it. The paint differences aren’t really that many. Skyfire has the more G1-accurate colors, while Jetfire looks a bit more diverse, not having quite as much white. Still, whichever version you have, both make for kick-ass robots.

Vehicle Mode: Skyfire transforms into an aircraft loosely based on the F-14A Tomcat of Top Gun fame. The jet is supposed to be much bigger, though, as the relatively small cockpit window shows and has a somewhat blunted nose, but retains the characteristic twin tail-fins and moving wings. Just like in robot mode the jet can go ‘naked’ or attach the big booster rockets and weapons. The main difference to Classics Jetfire is the much more restrained use of red paint on the wings, as well as the aforementioned smaller cockpit window.

Adding the booster rockets makes the jet look more like a space craft, as aerodynamics go right out the window. This, though, is a much closer match to Skyfire’s vehicle mode as seen in the cartoon. All of the weapons can attach, though the splitting rifle has to go into the robot mode fists to hang underneath the jet, which doesn’t look all that great, so I leave those out most of the time. So all in all a vehicle mode almost as fun and versatile as the robot mode. No complaints.

Remarks: From an objective standpoint I can’t really say that Henkei Skyfire is any better or worse than Classics Jetfire. Skyfire has the more G1-accurate paint job, Jetfire has the more exciting-looking one. Skyfire has chromed parts, which might be a plus for some people, but I don’t really care one way or the other. The only slight (though highly subjective) edge Skyfire has for me is the name, as that is the name the actual G1 cartoon character went by and I am most definitely a child of the 1980s Transformers cartoon. So for me, at least, that means that Classics Jetfire will go on sale, while Henkei Skyfire will brighten my display case. Objectively, though, the two don’t really differ much. I recommend you own at least one version of this excellent figure, though.

Rating: A

19. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    had to done lol

[​IMG]

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    If I ever see Henkei Skyfire re-released or at a con, I may pick it up. I love this mold. So far I have Jetfire, Dark Skyfire, and Treadbolt.