By George, I've got it! SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack94, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure he just wanted to establish the perspective that even though blanks can be filled externally, it doesn't appear the writers of the films really had any of it in mind. If they did, then damn, some interesting decisions went on in those editing rooms. Anyway, it's obvious enough but perhaps worth mentioning, especially if it keeps people from using this thread in "ah-HA u dumb" fashion against others that (justifiably) find issue in the overall story as is.

One of the major go-to arguments for these is "they're popcorn movies...what did you expect?" Given that, all the whys/hows/whats of the story should have fallen into place rather simply, and certainly clearly enough that the audience doesn't have to puzzle over it and plug in their own reasoning for everything. It's too bad that wasn't the case.

Regardless of any of that, I promise you not everyone with issues about the films is "hating" for the sake of it. Many of us just wanted more care given to the storytelling. Seems reasonable enough.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    That makes sense! But here's what I think happened:
    *Sentinel decided the Autobots were @$#%ed, and struck a deal with Megatron.
    *Megatron informed the Fallen and Soundwave of this, and The Fallen intended for Megatron to kill Sentinel.
    *Sentinel did not know of The Fallen, and thought Megatron led the Decepticons.
    *Megatron was en route to the AllSpark, crashed in Arctic.
    *Sentinel space bridged the damaged Ark off of Cybertron, but damages caused him and the crew to crash land on the moon.

So I don't think that Megatron would have intended to kill The Fallen, as he was in shock at his death, probably not wanting The Fallen to die. And when your stuck in the desert for a couple of years with not much to do, you start to stumble across old plans, thinking Oh crap! I had that plan, didn't I? He was unaware of Sentinel's presence on the Moon, but Soundwave was, and informed Megatron of this. Besides, it was never acknowledged that Megatron knew of The Fallen's weakness until ROTF?

3. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

This sounds really good Wheeljack94. This really ties the three movies together really well.

4. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I agree. While the OP did a great job tying the three together, all I can manage to do is tie DOTM to TF1 without getting some massive migraine.

As far as what happens in between those two...I just make stuff up based on what was carried over into DOTM.

I also really, really disliked the idea that Megatron had a "master". Ugh. The Fallen = worst movie character ever.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So if Megatron made a deal with Sentinel, then why were the Autobots firing on the Ark with Sentinel in it?

6. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Um, secret plan, maybe?

Secret plans are most effective when they're kept secret. It was a risk.

7. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:

I honestly think the idea of using the harvester never would have been apart of the plan until the original allspark bought it in the first movie.

Remember, all of the original plans went to hell. The movies came off being rather crazy and improvised but that's the idea. That's what happens when plans go to hell and you gotta wing it.

I think it's safe to assume that Fallen kept his presence secret for a long, long time. Just because there was no mention of him in the first movie doesn't mean a whole helluva lot. Let us not forget, there wasn't exactly a whole lot of Megatron in the first movie, at least not a lot of a conscious unfrozen Megs.

8. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Y'know, I'm not sure Sentinel and Megatron had a plan worked out. It's been a week since I saw the movie, but maybe Sentinel was going rogue and planned to meet Megatron and offer a truce when he located him. I'm not positive they had any of this worked out beforehand, only that Sentinel followed Megs to offer a truce with the pillars and the allspark.

He said both of their plans were waylaid by fate, i.e. them both accidentally crashing. It would also explain The Ark getting shot down.

Yes, the cons wanted Sentinel to open the Bridge, but I think they intended to capture him to force him only to be surprised he willingly helped.

Of course I just may be forgetting some key dialogue about the past deal.

9. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This does make sense, and as a whole the movieverse's mythology has grown richer. Thanks so much for piecing all the loose threads. Even if the filmmakers made it up as they went along, the trilogy ended up as a pretty in-depth story.

10. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I love how this all fits together, great work.

11. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Really great theory

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    That's because fanboys are not objective.
    Ever hear of the phrase "a face that only a mother can love"?

Not calling the movieverse an ugly baby or anything.:) 

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This.
    Unfortunately.

14. redrum

redrum Member

i dont understand everyones need to piece together the movies when bay has stated that all three movies were stand alone entities and the series was not set out to be a trilogy

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Congratulations, you just figured out how to make Orci and Kurtzman look good.

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He made three movies within the same set "universe," with a few subjects and references tying everything together. This may have not been approached as a Lord of the Rings-type trilogy (which really is just one big story in three separate parts), but it's still in the same universe and ideally should make sense. If Chris Nolan and the Batman writers created a confusing, somewhat contradictory mythology that made a mess of their own continuity without bothering to explain what the hell was going on in Dark Knight (and the upcoming third film), than they would be criticized too and justifiably so.

17. modzprime29

modzprime29 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actully, Arcee was the autobot that send the Allspark into space.

18. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Application of theory in relation to movie timeline- I posted this in another thread, but it could use restating...

Megatron had left stasis for only a few short hours before his "death" in TF1, so he was unable to carry out his master scheme. It only makes sense that he would go for the nearest objective, which also happened to be the most powerful one- the Allspark. However, he never believed Prime would destroy the Allspark and, upon revival in RoTF, sought the Fallen's advice, as he was a much older and wiser being. He carried out the duties of the Dragon well, but ultimately failed, and retreated. He then spent a year reevaluating his options with Starscream and Soundwave, when he discovered that his most trusted intelligence officer had covered up Sentinel's crash on the moon, and decided to implement that final plan.

19. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    This guy deserves an award.

20. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    perfect, makes sense!