By George, I've got it! SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack94, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a hole in the plan: if Megatron were to retrieve the Allspark sooner as intended, there would be no machinery on Earth for the Allspark to turn into robots. I don't think a mortal can just use the Allspark to create a new race of Cybertronians from scratch as it did when it first crashed into what would become Cybertron.

I think the army building on Earth was just an added bonus for Megatron.

2. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

u did a good job mate! the best time for saying it all in the movie should be when Megatron shoots Sentinel than fights Optimus but instead of quick killing Megatron by Prime, Megatron should, i dunno, shoot Optimus and standing at hardly damaged Optimus telling him the whole plan & how Optimus is always in his way to the ultimate victory when his plan was so perfect (to Megs of course) ;) 

3. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow youve been thinkinng hard about this. this is why a true fan should write the script :D  would be good if this was made the official cannon story

4. Jinx

Jinx New Member

Ebay:
    That definitely makes a ton of sense.

5. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    maybe for the protoforms on the crashed nemesis? use it to give them life.

6. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And they sayd Bayformers Did NOT had a plot. Thank a lot man, Obama should award YOU a medal :D 

7. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    i would love that. but he can keep the medal and buy me a camaro of my choice:D 

8. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which would be??? (just curious)

9. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    a 1LT/2LT rally yellow camaro automatic with the Rs package, black racing stripes, sunroof, and *power convienece package*. oh, and a sunroof and grey intirior.

*wont need it if i got the 2LT

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, I think Megs originally intended to use the AllSpark to restore Cybertron [can't you see how filled with joy he was in DOTM when he saw Cybertron?], then become the leaders of the newborn Tfs.

Then, now as Supreme Leader of a newborn Transformer society [now by default Decepticons], he would get rid of the puny Autobots and live in peace.

Oh, and probably conquer and enslave the whole universe, but that's a bonus.

11. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    yeah that about sounds right

12. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I came to most of the same conclusions only I actually think Sentinel made the deal with Megatron not knowing of the Fallen's existence because Megatron knew he would not have been able to take down a younger stronger Sentinel. Then, he was to use the Fallen to take care of Sentinel. Megatron was under the assumption the Fallen was going to bestow him with great power by making him a Prime, I don't think he was willing to jeopardize that at that point.

Once he got the power of a Prime, he would have offed the Fallen himself.

13. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I came to most of the same conclusions only I actually think Sentinel made the deal with Megatron not knowing of the Fallen's existence because Megatron knew he would not have been able to take down a younger stronger Sentinel. Then, he was to use the Fallen to take care of Sentinel. Megatron was under the assumption the Fallen was going to bestow him with great power by making him a Prime, I don't think he was willing to jeopardize that at that point.

Once Megs got the power of a Prime, Fallen and Megs team up to take out Sentinel once the access to space bridge is secured, then he would have offed the Fallen himself later on.

14. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Creative thinking, but alas, the filmmakers did not plan it this way. They made it up as they went along. And it's frustrating to have three movies, and three opening narrations that set up backstories and maguffins that each have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

In the first film Megatron is nobody's apprentice, and in Movie 2, guess what he's the Fallen's #2. Then in Movie 3, the Fallen nor sun harvester fit in at all with the deal with Sentinel.

You should have been in a story meeting for the first movie so they could plan a three movie plot thread :) 

It's useless to try and find connectivity between the separate mythologies in the 3 movies. Though fun to imagine, as you are doing well, how they could connect if the filmmakers and writers understood or cared about mythos and continuity - which they clearly do not.

Giant Fucking Robots, Tits, Explosions and dumb comedy is all Michael Bay cares about.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Notice how the guy above me flat out ignores we all were able to connect the three movies.

I grow tired of this senseless Bayhating.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think Bay and the writers put any real effort into making these 3 movies a trilogy with a real overarching story but taking what we got Wheeljack94 made the most sence out of it anyone could be expected to.

But if that was the story they where trying to tell they did a really bad job at it.

17. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    thanks again guys! i just wanted to make it easier to understand for those who didnt get it. :) 

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    I think that's what the writers REALLY wish they'd thought of. Kudos to you for managing to piece the whole debacle together. That takes brains.

19. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Not necessarily true, the writer of the book worked with those writing the movie. The book paints better pictures of most everything. Enough to where the more suggested parts make even more sense.

Whether or not certain things were or weren't intended are irrelevant. The fact that people have room for creative interpretations should be looked upon as a bit of a gift, not a curse. Show me another art form that doesn't leave some of it's magic up to those who embrace it to figure out their own meanings from certain things.

People are simply out of touch with the realities of their demands.

Nobody is saying there couldn't have been some better ways to convey the story in a more simple manner, but the fact is they didn't plan 3 movies up front and that made certain aspects rather tight. They painted themselves into some corners a bit.

It was still 3 movies of pure chaos that I'll always love! Petty gripes, and lazy imaginations be damned!

20. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    There was a part in which Megatron worked with the Fallen cause the Fallen promised he would make him a Prime, after learning that Primes are born, not created and that the Fallen lied to him, Megatron turned on his master. This all changed by the time the movie was filmed.