BWX Ultra Primal/Megatron vs Telemocha Robotmasters Repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by General Tekno, Jan 14, 2009.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I've got the TRU-exclusive Ultras of Primal and Megatron (new paint/head molds) and was wondering how the Telemocha figures compare as toys.

Clearly, scalewise they're better. But I'm wondering as I could potentially pick up each one's deluxe-scaled Takara counterpart for 25 bucks Canadian.

I'm aware that Megs has a hand, but otherwise I know little about the molds - how do they compare to their larger brethren?

2. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Don't get the crappy ultra remoulds, go for the original repaints. (Takara released the original, better/unmodified versions of the originals in more accurate colours)Far more accurate, in Megs' case more so. Though the best thing to do would be to get the Ultra Megatron and the RM Primal for scal, plus the RM Primal looks better.

4. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I'm guessing he is referring to the 10th anniversary Ultra set and the 10th anniversary Deluxe version which are repaints of the robot master molds.

The Ultra set is very cool. the updates really do the characters justice. The deluxe versions though even more accurate colors are just too small compared to the rest of the cast.

Transformers Beast Wars (10th Anniversary) - Transformers Toy Galleries
    Here are the galleries to all the 10th anniversary toys.

iDD

5. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Yes - you nailed it. I'm referring to Takara's Robotmaster repaints vs Hasbro's TRU exclusive Ultras with the head remolds.

I have the Ultras and they're very good, but I'm tempted to get RM Primal.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. General Tekno

News Credits:
    I wasn't exactly asking people if they had one to sell me... I already have the oppurtunity to purchase.

I'm just wondering what people THINK of them relative to the Ultras and the other Beast Wars figures.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My apologies, I usually do a better job reading than that.

FWIW, I think they're terrific and solid toys. To me they appear a bit too compact when placed next to other BW deluxes, though.

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Compared to regular deluxe toys the RM size toys are just too small. If you are displaying those as is they are the best option to go. And they don't take as much space as the Ultra's do.

If you are displaying with other BW era toys (be it BWII or regular) go for the Ultra size version. They are both showaccurate in colors and they look like the big bad leaders they should be in a group shot. You'll be amazed at how awesomely updated the new one is compared to the old Ultra (which doesn't even really look like show-Primal...

iDD

10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Well the Telemocha Primal is much more accurate in scale than his ultra counterpart. Go for that one for sure!
    Telemocha Megs is too small compared to the other BW preds, but he IS a really nice figure and I would reccomend picking him up as well.