BWII Lio Jr question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by shadow panther, Apr 21, 2007.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i know there was a repaint or 2 of lio jr but did it appear in the show and what was the story behind it

2. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

There was the domestic release under the name Prowl. That's all I know about it.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think they came with puzzles or something, maybe even mail aways. To my knowledge, they weren't on the show. No characters on the series got upgraded, except the original five Destrons, who became the Cyberbeasts and Gigastorm.

The only other characters on the show who were different coloured versions of the originals were Ikado (a different character to Scuba) and the Legendary Green Warrior (a green Lioconvoy, if you are familiar with Gaogaigar he looked a lot like a Projectile X powered up version of Lioconvoy. He was also drawn slightly taller and bulkier than the regular Lio)

5. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    ok i believe someone mentioned the black lio convoy appearing in the show. as for these lio jr repaints they never appeared in the show?

6. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

speaking of the show, anyone know where I can get it on dvd?

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    You can't. Not unless you can track down a bootleg version. The show's never been released on dvd.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got them. They're nothing particularly special, other than being a cool oddity. Don't have any pictures of the white one handy, but here's the black one:
    [​IMG]

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, good point, forgot that episode. There was an episode where most of the Maximals were cloned as black copies of themselves - the Lio used in that one wasn't the Galva Lio but an all-black version (think Nemesis Lioconvoy). A couple of the other Cybertrons got copied as well? At any rate, Lio Jr was not a part of the cast at this time.

The closest that you might get to owning the show on DVD are with the episodes that may be packed with the Takara reissues. They come with a DVD with an episode of the series, so perhaps we might get a couple of episodes that way.

While the series never made it onto DVD, I hear there are some good VHS copies out there. No idea how to go about getting them, though.

10. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Anyone have any pics of Lio Junior forming part of Magnaboss?

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Black Lio Convoy appeared in episode 16, entitled (Would you guess it?) Black Lio Convoy!.

In the episode, a black crystal is discovered that has the unique property of creating a completely destructive version of anything it zaps. It zapped BB and created a totally black, completely destructive version of BB, which nearly tore the Destrons apart himself. After he was taken care of, the Destrons used the crystal on Lio Convoy, creating Black Lio Convoy...